Cat was cleaning her room. She once again couldn't sleep, so she decided to do some cleaning. She picked up all the dirty clothes and put them in the laundry basket. She put away loose books and comics before making her bed. She even swept the floor. The only spot left to clean was her desk. 

She picked up her computer and its charger and set them on her bed to keep them out of the way, then did the same with her tablet. She then collected all the papers in a neat pile. She organized them by putting them in her organizer. The different stacks were school stuff, drawings, random notes, and others. Then she did the same with her pencils, pens, markers, highlighters, etc. Then she grabbed the chargers for her computer and tablet, plugging them into the wall. She places her computer and tablet in their spots and plugs them into the charges.

By the time she was done, it was time for her to get ready for school. She packed her backpack, got dressed, brushed her hair and teeth, put her shoes on, and grabbed an apple from the kitchen on her way out the door.

—-

Miguel, Demetri, Eli, and Cat were once again all at lunch, sitting together

Miguel, Demetri, Eli, and Cat were once again all at lunch, sitting together. There was a teacher talking to everyone about cyberbullying. The teacher said something about a mother calling her about her kid crying about people bullying them over their facial deformity. Even without the student's name, everyone knew it was Eli. People started whispering about Eli and his lip. He moved his hand up to cover his mouth. Cat patted his back and sent glares at kids that were staring at him.

"You know if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo is looking for recruits," Miguel said.

"Yeah right," Demetri said. "You hear that, Eli? A little karate training, and you're gonna kick some major ass."

"I'm serious, Demetri. My sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I could get you guys discounts."

"As intriguing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face."

"Okay..." Miguel trailed off for a second. "What about you Cattrina? Wanna be kickass? I'm sure sensei wouldn't care that you're a girl. After I talk to him at least."

'No thanks,' Cat signed, shaking her head. 'Plus I'm already the most kickass person at this table.' Her two best friends laughed a little. Miguel didn't fully know what she said, tho.

"All I got from that was 'no thanks' and 'kickass'."

"She said no thanks, she's the most kickass person at the table," Eli translated.

"Oh," Miguel nodded and smiled. "Looks like I'm going to need to learn more sign language." All the words he knows are 'no', 'yes', 'please', 'thank you', the alphabet, and some swear words.

—--------

"Are you guys excited for the Halloween dance?" Miguel asked.

"Oh, yeah," Demetri said sarcastically. "School dances are always so much fun." Cat and Eli smiled a little as Miguel rolled his eyes.

'Samhain's my dad's favorite,' Cat wrote on a piece of paper for the others to read. She was raised with pagan traditions/holidays. Well, pagan holidays/traditions mixed with a little bit of western traditions. Her dad was raised in a Christian family, but he himself wasn't really religious.

"Samhain?" Miguel asked.

"Cat's mom's pagan," Eli explained.

"Ooh."

'It's similar to Halloween, but there are some differences,' Cat wrote. 'It's also referred to as All Hallows Eve.'

"Cool," Miguel nodded.

'I'm going to set up an altar and set out some offerings to honor my ancestors and symbolize the end of the harvest.'

"You're still coming to the dance with us right?" Demetri asked.

Cat nodded and wrote, 'Yeah, but after the dance, I'm going to do some witchcraft.' After they read it and looked back at her, she signed, 'JK. Yes, I'll be there.'

—-------

Miguel walked into the Halloween dance dressed as a skeleton

Miguel walked into the Halloween dance dressed as a skeleton. He approached Demetri, Eli, and Cat.

"Oh, skeleton, classic. Nice," Demetri said.

"Thanks. I like your sorcerer costume," Miguel said.

"Sorcerer?" D scoffed. "Please. I'm a necromancer."

"What?"

"Didn't you see the amulet?"

"So are you a regular doctor or..." Miguel asked, turning his attention to Eli.

"Plastic surgeon," Eli said. "I fix lips."

"Nice," Miguel nodded. "What about you Cattrina? What are you supposed to be?"

"She's claimed to be a shadow," Demetri answered. Cat, who stood next to him dressed in all black, nodded.

"Cool, I guess," Miguel nodded.

—----

Cat got bored because the boys were trying to get the confidence to talk to girls. The boys eventually gave up and had to use the bathroom, so they all went out to the hallway. The boys went into the bathroom while she just waited in the hallway on her phone.

Eventually, Eli and Demetri ran out of the bathroom. They each grabbed one of Cat's hands and ran down the hall. She was confused, but they then told her Kyler and his buddies went into the bathroom.

(843 words. I don't know if this was good, but I hope you enjoyed it.)