29

It was the first day back to school, but Cat was home sick

It was the first day back to school, but Cat was home sick. She had had a high fever for a couple of days and couldn't keep down any food and barely any liquids. She didn't get sick that often, but when she did it was always really bad. She had gone to the doctor, reluctantly that is, and they said she just had the flu. Robby had dragged her to the doctor to make sure she was okay.

She had been in bed all day. She took medicine every couple of hours. She had a trash can next to her bed and a box of tissues on her bedside table, next to the medicine. She was half awake as she coughed like crazy.

As Cat tried to fall back asleep, she heard a noise from the other room. She slowly got up and tiptoed to her door and out of her room. She walked into her living room kitchen area. She signed and let her shoulders drop as she saw who was in her apartment.

"What the fuck, Robby," Cat said all nasiley because of her stuffed nose.

"Sorry, Catty. I didn't mean to scare you," Robby said.

Cat shrugged. "It's fine, but shouldn't you be at school?"

"Uh, yeah, but something happened... something that shouldn't have happened... something that I didn't mean to happen..."

Cat nodded a little. "Uh, okay." She coughed.

"You okay?"

Cat nodded.

"Okay. Well, I uh, I just need somewhere to stay until it starts to get darker."

"Um, okay. You're always welcome here, Robz," Cat said. She started getting dizzy again and started falling over.

"Thanks, Catty," Robby caught Cat as she started falling and felt her forehead. "Uh, you should get back to bed. You've got a high fever. I'll be fine on my own and I'll lock the door behind me when I leave."

"Mhkay, Robz."

He guided her to her room. "When did you last take the medicine?"

"Uh... I dunno... Like 9 maybe?" she said as she sat back on her bed.

Robby was looking at the back of the medicine bottle. "Okay... you should take more and then again at like 5."

Cat nodded. "Okay."

Robby gave her the medicine that she took, then he put the bottle back on the nightstand. Cat laid in her bed and started falling back asleep right away. Robby was going to leave the room, but he saw that her water was almost empty. He grabbed the cup and went to fill it up. When he came back into the room he saw her already asleep. He set the cup down and pulled the blanket farther over Cat before he left the room and sat on the couch.

—---

Hours later Cat woke up and went to check her phone for the time. She had a bunch of notifications and decided to see what that was about. There were a bunch of videos and pictures of some big fight that happened at school. Looks like she missed a lot in her one day away from school. She also had texts from her different friends telling her about the fight.

Apparently, Tory had seen Sam and Miguel kiss at a party that Cat missed, having been sick, and Tory went crazy. She started a fight with Sam that just escalated to a full-out dojo war. It was Miyagi-do vs Cobra Kai. It didn't seem that there were any winners seeing as the fight ended because Robby kicked Miguel over the railing.

Cat got up to go talk to Robby to ask him what had happened. Ya know because all stories have two sides. However, when she left her room she found that Robby was already gone. She did find that he left a note on the counter. In the note, he said that by the time she reads it, she'll probably have heard about the fight. It explained his side of everything. How he didn't mean to do it. It was an accident. He just wanted the fight to be over and didn't even realize where they were. If he could he would take it back, even if he doesn't exactly like Miguel, but that's not how things work.

(707 words. Whatcha think?)