46

Cat was on her way to the dojo

Cat was on her way to the dojo. Today they would be announcing that she was going to be an assistant sensei for the combined dojos. She had done with work, went home, and changed before making her way to the dojo.

Practice started about 15 minutes ago, so everyone would already be there. She kicked up her board as she walked up to the dojo. She saw Daniel out front on the phone.

Daniel finished the call he was on with the dealership as he saw Cat approaching. He walked over to her. "Hey, Cattrina. Are you ready?"

Cat nodded. "Yeah," she shrugged.

The two walked through the inside part of the dojo to make their way to the back. Daniel went out first and told Johnny it was time for the announcement. Cat stayed inside and waited.

"Fall in!" Johnny yelled and all the students did so.

"We have an announcement," Daniel said.

The students started whispering between each other about what it could be.

"Quiet!" Janny yelled and everyone stopped talking. "We're going to have a new addition to the dojo," he said.

"Give a warm welcome to our new assistant sensei," Daniel said.

Cat walked out of the building. "Sup," she said her hands in her pockets.

"Wait, Cat you're going to be an assistant sensei?" Miguel asked.

"Yup," Cat said.

"But she's like the same age as the rest of us," said a random student.

"True," Cat shrugged. "But, have you been a black belt since you were 4?"

"No..."

"That's what I thought."

"Johnny and I thought that having Cattrina here would help bring the two dojos together," Daniel started. "Seeing as her fighting style doesn't seem to be more of an offense or defense."

"Besides, she's qualified," Johnny said. "And it means less work for me."

—-------

During training, Cat would do little things to help out. At times when neither Daniel nor Johnny was there she was in charge. It was nothing big yet, but she was still just starting and was still being helpful.

(342 words. Whatcha think? I hope you liked it.)