90

Cat walked up the steps of the school and through the front door

Cat walked up the steps of the school and through the front door. She yawned as she walked to her locker. She barely slept at all last night and was exhausted. She shoved her unneeded textbooks into her locker.

"Hey, Cat," said a voice behind her. Cat closed her locker and turned to see Eli.

"Hey, E-," Cat was cut off as she yawned. "-li."

"Tired?" Eli asked, slinging his arm around her shoulder.

Cat nodded. "Yeah."

"Mh," Eli hummed a little as he nodded, and the two started walking to class.

They shared their first two classes together. Then they both had a class with Demetri. Then they all had lunch together. Then after lunch Cat had two classes with Demetri. Then she had class on her own. Her schedule was English, Math, Free period, Lunch, Science, Robotics, Art, and Creative writing.

"Was something keeping you up or something?" Eli asked.

"I was up working on a program job," Cat shrugged. "Then I wasn't tired, so I couldn't fall asleep, so I deep cleaned my entire apartment instead."

"Did you get any sleep?"

"Yeah, like an hour."

"You need more sleep than an hour."

Cat shrugged.

—-

Cat walked into class and saw Demetri already there. She walked over and sat next to him.

"Hey, D," Cat said.

"Hey, Cat," Demetri said. He grabbed her hand, held it, and kissed the back of it. "Where's Eli?"

"Bathroom."

Demetri nodded.

"Oh, the new addition to avengers comics is supposed to be out today," Cat said. "Maybe we could go to the mall and pick up copies from the comic shop."

"Yeah," Demetri nodded. "We wouldn't want to get behind."

"Yeah."

"Let's just hope there's actually some continuity. Unlike that time in that other comic series where that character died then in the very next addition they were alive again."

"Yeah."

—-

The group all sat together at lunch. Cat sat in between Eli and Demetri. Eli had his arm around her shoulder, and Demetri was holding one of her hands. The group was just chatting about random things while eating their lunch.

"School lunch kinda sucks," Cat said, picking at the food.

"True," Tory said.

—--

After lunch Cat and Demetri walked together to class. They sat next to each other in the back. It was a free day, so they basically just chatted while doing their work.

After class, they walked to their next class together. Then after that they walked together until they came to the corner where they split off. Demetri had gym class with Eli and some of their other friends while Cat had art class. Cat had two classes without the boys, art and creative writing.

Cat walked into art class and took her seat. She pulled out her stuff and continued on the sketch she started the class before. She wasn't the best artist, but she still enjoyed it. It could be calming.

After art, Cat went to her creative writing class. Writing could be even more calming than art. Within the 45 minute class, she wrote about 10 more pages of her story. It was just a draft and probably didn't have the best grammar or spelling, but that would get fixed later on when she edited it.

(542 words. Whatcha think?)