80

Cat knocked on the door

Cat knocked on the door. After a moment, the door opened.

"Oh my god, Cat! Are you okay?" Eli asked, his voice filled with worry.

"Uh," Cat nodded. She seemed a little dazed.

Cat had bruising on her shoulder/neck, her knees bloody, her one fist was bruised and the other was bloody. She also had a cut across her lips and chin. It started next to her left nostril and went diagonal and ended on the right side of her chin. There was another small cut on her chin.

Eli brought Cat to his room and into the attached bathroom

Eli brought Cat to his room and into the attached bathroom. He started cleaning her up and asked, "what happened?"

"Well, uh," Cat started. "On my way here this group of men tried to mug me."

"You got mugged!?"

"They tried to mug me," Cat said. "I fought them off. They were crying for the mommies by the time they left me alone."

Eli let out a small laugh. "You're such a badass." He brushed the hair out of Cat's face. He dabbed a wet cloth on the cut over Cat's lips. She flinched a little. "Sorry."

"It's okay," Cat muttered. Eli gently dabbed the cloth on the cut cleaning it.

After getting Cat's injuries disinfected and whatnot, she got in the shower to wash away the rest of the blood. While she was in the shower, Eli went over to his dresser and picked out something for Cat to change into when she got out.

Eli knocked on the bathroom door. "Hey, I got some clothes for you," he called through the door.

"Okay," Cat called back. "You can set them on the counter."

Eli cracked the door and set the clothes on the bathroom counter. He closed the door again and sat on his bed. He pulled up Netflix and clicked through, trying to find something.

Not long later, Cat came out of the bathroom. She was now wearing one of Eli's sweaters and some drawstring sweatpants. Her hair was wrapped in a towel. Eli smiled at her as she walked over to the bed.

"How are the injuries?" Eli asked.

"They're okay," Cat sat on the bed. Eli wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer.

"That's good," Eli said, and he kissed her cheek. "I'll be right back, okay?" Cat nodded as he stood up. He kissed Cat's forehead before walking into the bathroom.

Eli came back a few minutes later. He was holding a tube of something that you put on cuts to help them stay clean, and some bandages. He sat back down and Cat turned to face him more. He helped apply it on her lip and chin cuts.

Something random quietly played on the tv. Eli ran a brush through Cat's still-damp hair. After he was finished brushing out all the knots, he set the brush down. Cat turned to him and he touched some hair behind her ear. He gave her a soft kiss.

Cat laid her head on Eli's shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her. He laid them down. They faced each other with their arms around each other, and their faces snuggled in each other's shoulders/necks. It wasn't long before they both fell asleep.

Eli's arms were snug around Cat, holding her tightly. As tight as he could without hurting her. He wanted her to be safe. He hated that she got hurt. He wished he could've been there to protect her. At least he was there to help clean her up. If he knew who hurt her he'd kill them.

(597 words. Whatcha think?)