26

Cat woke up to her phone ringing. She had been up until like two hours ago working. She had finished the latest programming job she got and then started her first cybersecurity job. She groaned as she reached and grabbed her phone. She hit the answer button and brought it to her ear.

"Hm?" she muttered.

"You're late," said the voice on the other side of the phone.

"Huh?"

"Oh my god, Cat. Did you forget?" Eli asked. "It's Friday."

"Oh, shit," Cat muttered as sat up. "Forget? No, no. I didn't forget. Noo," she said as she got up. She walked over to her dresser and started looking through it. "Eli, I'll be there in like 15."

"You slept in didn't you."

"Maybe... but I'll be there in like 15."

"I'll come pick you up. Text me your address."

"You don't have-"

"Just send me your address."

"Okay, fine."

"See you in 15."

They hung up and Cat texted him her address before she started getting ready. She got dressed, brushed her hair and teeth, and put on her shoes. She packed her bag and looked out the window. She saw as Eli pulled up on his motorcycle. She grabbed her phone before making her way out of her apartment. She locked her door behind her. She then made her way out of the building, not even bothering to check if the elevator was working because she knew it wouldn't be, and walked over to Eli.

"Sorry, E

"Sorry, E. I was up really late and forgot to set an alarm," Cat said.

"Don't worry about it, Cat," Eli said as he handed her a helmet. "How about we go to the store before going to my house."

"Sure," Cat said as she adjusted her helmet before they both got on the motorcycle. They took off toward the store. Since it was Friday the two were having their weekly movie night. But they were planning to not just do a movie night and to hang out all day.

After going to the store and buying snacks and drinks (alcoholic and not), they made their way to Eli's house. They got back to Eli's house and went in. They took the snacks they bought and sat on his couch. They ate and chatted for a while. Eventually, they started watching some movies.

While watching the movie at some point, Cat ended up with her legs laying across Eli's as his hands rested on either side of her knees. They were both relaxed as they watched the movie. They'd make jokes about the inconsistencies and plot holes. Late in the night, after many movies, snacks, and drinks they both fell asleep.

(448 words.)