40

Cat woke up to her alarm and turned it off quickly. She yawned and streaked as she sat up. She had plans with Robby. She was going to go to the Cobra Kai dojo to pick him up, then the two would be going to get food. They also planned to go to the skatepark.

She got dressed, brushed her hair and teeth, pulled on her shoes, and grabbed her skateboard. She left her apartment, locked the door behind her, walked past the never-going-to-be-fixed elevator, made her way down the stairs, out of the building, and made her way down the sidewalk.

She made it to the dojo

She made it to the dojo. She waited out front for a few minutes, but Robby never came out so she decided to go inside. She opened the door and walked in. Everyone turned their attention to the door as the bell rang.

Hawk was surprised to see her. He never thought he'd see her in the Cobra Kai dojo again. He hadn't interacted with her since she said she'd only forgive him after he apologized for what he did. He wondered why she was there.

"Hello, Miss. Jackson," Kreese greeted. "To what do we owe the pleasure? Have you decided to join Cobra Kai?"

"Nope," Cat said. "I'm just here for Robby."

"Mr. Keene isn't here," Kreese said.

"Is that so?" Cat asked.

Kreese nodded.

"Okay, then who's that?" Cat pointed to the doorway behind Kreese that led to the back. Leaning on the door frame was the one and only  Robby Keene.

"It appears I was mistaken," Kreese said, turning back to Cat.

"It appears so," Cat said before looking back at Robby. "Ready to go Robz?"

"Yeah," Robby said walking over to the door.

As the two were about to leave Kyler decided to say some dumb shit. "The Mute's probably too much of a pussy for karate," he laughed.

Cat stopped and turned to him. "I've kicked your ass once already, Kyler. And obviously, I'm not fucking mute."

"You go lucky, freak."

Cat sighed. She was sick of Kyler and was a little irritable since she only got like 2 hours of sleep. She set down her board and kicked off her shoes. "You wanna fight Kyler? Then let's fight."

Kyler looked over at sensei Kreese, who nodded. "Yeah, okay," Kyler said. "Let's fight." Everyone else moved off to the side of the mat as Cat moved onto it.

Hawk was a little worried about how this was going to go. He knew how good a fighter Cat was. But he also knew how Cobra Kai was. Although, he was excited to see Cat fight again.

"I don't want a point fight," Cat said. "I want a fight that ends when one of us can no longer fight. Spoiler alert, it's going to be you."

The two teens looked over to Kreese. "That's alright with me," Kreese said. "The choice is yours, Kyler (I forgot his late name)."

"Uh, yeah sure," Kyler said. "But it's going to be you who loses."

"We'll see," Cat said.

Kyler got into a fighting position while Cat just kinda stood there. The fight started when Kyler threw a punch at her. She grabbed his wrist, pulled him towards her, kicked him in the stomach, and let him go as the force of the kick sent him backward. He regained his balance and tried kicking at her, but she dodged and swept his other leg causing him to fall to the ground. He got back up, his nose was bleeding from hitting his face on the ground. He threw another punch. Cat grabbed his arm, twisted it, and flipped him over her back. She kicked him in the stomach. That mixed with the impact of him hitting the ground was enough force to knock all the wind out of him. Kyler tried to get back up but ended up just falling back down.

"Looks like I win," Cat shrugged and started her way to the door. As she was just about to get off the mat, Kyler grabbed her ankle. She quickly just kicked him in the face with her other foot. That was enough to knock him out.

"You're welcome here anytime, young phoenix," Kreese said as Cat slipped her shoes back on, and picked up her board.

Cat looked at Kresse for a second. "K," she said before she and Robby walked out. She didn't have any intention of ever being a part of Cobra Kai.

Cat and Robby sat across from each other at a booth table. They were at some place getting food. Cat hadn't had breakfast yet, but it was technically lunchtime, so the two ended up getting pizza. It sounded good to both of them.

They ate, chatted, and sipped on their drinks. Cat got a milkshake as her drink and Robby got some kind of pop. They just chilled there for a while before paying and leaving. They then went down to the skatepark.

They both skated around for a while then took turns showing each other cool tricks and moves they learned. Eventually, it was getting late. Cat walked with Robby to the Cobra Kai dojo where they'd be going their separate ways. The dojo was on her way home anyway.

When they got to the dojo, Cat saw Hawk's motorcycle still there. As she said bye to Robby, Hawk walked out of the dojo. Robby and Hawk walked past each other as Robby made his way inside. Hawk saw Cat as she started walking.

"Cat!" Hawk yelled after her, jogging over.

"Hey, ...Hawk," she muttered the last part as she came to a stop. She turned to Hawk as he stopped next to her.

"Are you... are you and Robby dating?" he asked.

"What?" Cat asked, almost choking on her own spit. "No. No, he and I aren't dating. Why?"

"I don't know. It just seems like the two of you are like really close, so I thought maybe you were-"

"We're not," Cat said, cutting him off. "If anything Robby's more of a brother to me than anything."

"Oh, good," Hawk nodded.

It was true Robby was like the brother Cat never had. Cat was like the sister Robby never had. They might sometimes act like they're dating or are in love with each other, but no. The love they have for each other is platonic. They both feel that way.

The two have always been there for each other. They could never hate each other and they know each other better than anyone else does. They've both spent many many nights together crying and/or ranting to each other about different things going on in their lives.

They were there for each other when no one else was. Like when Cat got back after her parent's death, there were these horrible storms and she had PTSD moments and Robby was the one that could help her through it. Or the times when Robby's mom was gone all night and there was nothing to eat and he had no money, so he'd go to Cat's.

(1187 words. Whatcha think?)