69

The tournament was about to start. Cat's cousin was back with her. She had Cat's phone using it to live stream. They talked a little, Cat talked to the people watching the live a little, but then Olivia had to go to her seat. She was set next to the Garbage Figs (the band from the last part). The different fighters were announced and they came out.

After everyone was announced, the fights started. Eventually, it was time for Cat's fight, which she won. She had gotten three points almost immediately.

"Woah! The phoenix rises from the flame!" Oli cheered.

While Cat stood to the side waiting for her turn to fight again, she occasionally glanced over at Oli. She gave a small wave as Oli pointed the camera at her.

Cat made it to the finals. One fight left to win and she's the champ. She and her opponent made their ways on the mats. It was some guy she was fighting against. They bowed and got into fighting positions. Then the fight started.

Her opponent threw a punch which she blocked. He kicked at her and she once again blocked. Cat kicked at her opponent, but he moved out of the way. They went back and forth and it was some time before either landed a hit. It was her opponent, but she landed the next hit. His fighting style kinda reminded her of Cobra Kai's fighting style.

The fight continued. Her opponent threw continuous attacks as Cat blocked. She didn't even have a chance to strike back. Her opponents landed a hit, but it didn't count because she had been hit out of bounds. They went back to the center of the mat and the fight continued. This time Cat stuck first which caught her opponent off guard. She landed the hit and got her second point.

Her opponent landed the next hit and they were 2-2.

Cat and her opponent had some back and forth. Her opponent swept her and illegally struck her ankle making Cat clutch her teeth together. Her opponent got a warning and a timeout was called. She and her opponent went to their sides.

Cat clenched her teeth from the pain. She sighed and focused on her breathing. She could barely put any pressure on her foot without a lot of pain.

*********

"Little bug," her dad said. "It's going to be okay."

"I-i-it hu-hurts daddy," Cat said. She was a small child. She was at a tournament and her opponent had hit her in the throat.

"I know, but don't focus on the pain. Don't let the pain control you. Work through the pain. Let it fuel and drive you through the fight."

Cat nodded.

******

Cat took a second to glance over at Oli, who was still live streaming. She sighed a little. Then she thought of something. She smiled a little.

Moments later it was time for the fight to continue. Cat turned back, looking at the mat. She saw her opponent standing there shirtless and kissing his muscles. Cat scoffed and rolled her eyes. She took off the top of her gi and walked back to the center of the mat with a slit limp.

"If you're done kissing your girlfriends, let's get this over with," Cat said.

The guys scoffed/laughed. "You really want to lose that quick, huh?"

Cat rolled her eyes. She and her opponent got on their marks. The fight started. Cat almost immediately got the point as she crane-kicked her opponent.

"Point, Jackson. Winner," the announcer said.

~~

Eli, Demetri, Miguel, Robby, Johnny, and Carman were all over at the Larusso's house. The live stream of the tournament was up on the tv as they all sat around. They watched in anticipation as the fight played out.