25

Cat was awakened by her phone. Someone was calling her. She groaned and reached for her phone, which was on her nightstand. She barely glanced at the caller ID: Feather 🪶. She signed as she hit answer and brought her phone to her ear.

"What, Eli?" she muttered sleepily.

"Took you long enough to answer, Cat," Eli said from the other side of the phone. "I had to make sure you were alive after you ran off the other day. You haven't answered any of the texts."

Cat signed. "I'm fine, Eli."

"Sooo, what happened at the canyon? Since when did you know karate?"

"I don't wanna talk about it right now, okay?"

"You're going to have to explain eventually."

"I know. I just don't want to have to explain it a million times. I'll text you and the others later so I can explain. Okay?"

"Fine."

"Bye, Eli."

"Bye, Cat."

Cat hung up her phone and threw it back on her nightstand. She dropped her face back into her pillow and groaned in frustration. She's been a bit MIA for a couple of days. She couldn't deal with everything, but she knew she'd have to face the light at some point. Sure Robby showed up the morning after everything, but she wasn't ready to talk, so he didn't push it.

After a minute, she sat up and brushed her hair out of her face. She reluctantly got up. She went to the bathroom and washed her tear-stained face. Then she took a shower after realizing she stank from laying in bed for a couple of days.

Cat knew it wouldn't be the best idea to invite both her Cobra Kai friends and her Miyagi-do friends to the same place at the same time

Cat knew it wouldn't be the best idea to invite both her Cobra Kai friends and her Miyagi-do friends to the same place at the same time. She instead decided to talk to one group than the other. She texted the group chat with her Miyagi-do friends that she'd meet them at the Miyagi-do dojo to talk about yesterday in 15 minutes.

She finished getting ready and made her way out of her apartment, and out of the building. She skated down the sidewalk and got to the dojo. She was like a minute late from when she said to meet up. She saw her friends, Robby, Demetri, and Sam, waiting for her out front.

"Hey, Cat," Demetri said. The other two also greeted her.

"Hey," Cat said.

"Soo, you know karate?" Sam asked.

Cat nodded. "Yup."

"Since when?" Robby asked.

"I've known karate my whole life," Cat explained. "I grew up doing karate and I've kinda been a black belt since I was 4."

"How didn't I know about this?" Demetri asked.

"Because for most of my life karate was more of a chore than a hobby. It was a practically everyday thing."