52

The two dojos were officially no longer working together

The two dojos were officially no longer working together. Also, Eli has lost his confidence and was a sulking mess, so Demetri and Cat were going to try and cheer him up. Eli has kinda been IMA since the whole mohawk shaving. The last time Cat saw him was when she helped make his hair not look as bad. I mean there was only so much she could actually do because of how short it was shaved.

Demetri and Cat arrived at Eli's house and knew exactly where the spare key was. It's been kept in the same place seemingly forever. They grabbed the key and let themselves in. They ran down the stairs to where Eli was playing a game on his computer.

"Where the hell have you been?" Demetri asked.

"How'd you even get in?" Eli asked.

"Uh, your mom has left the key under the gnome since kindergarten," Cat said.

"You should really think about increasing your security given, you know, the karate war," Demetri said. "But that's not important now."

"What is so important?" Eli asked.

"Didn't you hear? The All Valley has separate gender divisions. I mean, do I look like Miyagi-do's best chance at beating Robby Keene? I mean, Mr. Larusso says anyone can be the hero, but I'm no Batman. I'm more like Alfred. You're Batman," Demetri said. "Oh right, I forgot you're not a DC guy. Whatever. Forget Batman, you're the Hawk."

"Yeah, not anymore. So..." Eli said, taking off his hood and hat.

"Hey, at least it looks better than last time I saw it," Demetri said.

"Everyone at school knows what happened," Eli said timidly. "It's embarrassing. "

"Who cares what they think?" Cat said.

"Besides, it'll grow back," Demetri added.

"It doesn't matter," Eli said. "I ruined my reputation, talked a big game, and then just proved I was an asshole. To Moon, to Miguel, and especially you. Both of you. I got what I deserved."

"Hey, we forgave you, remember?" Demetri asked. "And I don't care if you have a mohawk, or a mullet, or pigtails, Miyagi-do needs you."

"I'm not going back to Miyagi-do."

"That's just great. You're picking Eagle Fang over your best friend."

"I'm not going back to Eagle Fang either alright! I-I'm done with karate man. I quit."

"You can't quit," Demetri said. The three were now all sitting on the couch.

"I already told you, I made up my mind," Eli said.

"Hey, you're the one that got me into karate, remember? I mean, I was perfectly happy playing Dungeon Lord after school, but you put me into the situation where I had to join a dojo. And you know what? It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I got stronger, gained confidence, got a girlfriend... even if she ends up leaving me for some hot Aussie guy she meets down there. Hell, I'm even excited for the All Valley tournament. I never thought I'd say that, but it's not going to be as exciting if you're not there."