23

Cat was sitting at her desk working on one of her jobs

Cat was sitting at her desk working on one of her jobs. She was getting as much finished as she could before she went on a call with Demetri to play a multiplayer game. They wanted to get to the next level because there was a new weapon upgrade that could make it so much easier to complete one of the side quests. The more side quests they do the more experience points they will have and the more XP they have the more they'll be able to leave up. The higher level they are, the easier it'll be to defeat the bosses. The more bosses they defeat the farther they can get in the game.

She went back and forth between typing and writing stuff down for a while until her phone started buzzing. She quickly finished what she was writing before switching over to the game tab as she hit the answer button on the video call.

"Hey, Demetri," Cat said.

"Hey, Cat," Demetri said. "Ready to play?"

"Yeah," Cat nodded and they both entered the game. "Oh, by the way, I can only play until 5 today."

"How come?"

"I got plans with Eli."

"Oh. Him," Demetri said thinking about the other day at the mall.

"Is there something going on?" Cat asked.

"Yeah. Do you remember the mall the other day? When me and Hawk were running through the hall and at some point you ended up in between us?"

"Uh, yeah," Cat nodded as the two started fighting some bad guys on their game. "I actually saw Eli later on, too. He was in the food court with some of the Cobras. Or well the Cobras were leaving when I got there, but I still saw him. He said he was 'dealing with something' and that it was nothing. Why?"

"Well, he lied. Kinda," Demetri said as he looted some stuff from a bag that was dropped after killing the enemy.

"What do you mean?"

Demetri then went on to explain everything Cat missed about his and Hawk's interaction at the mall. How he was there with Robby and Sam but split off from them to go to the comic shop and would be meeting back up with them. But when he got to the comic shop, Hawk and some of the Cobras were there and they threatened him. Then they chased him through the mall to the food court where a fit between the Miyagi-dos and the Cobras broke out.

"All of that over a yelp review?" Cat asked. She almost couldn't believe it.

"Yup," Demetri confirmed.

—-

"Really, Eli?" Cat asked as he opened his door.

"What?" Hawk asked as he let the girl in his house.

"You think D didn't tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"You tried to beat him up over a fucking yelp review."

"Oh that," Hawk rolled his eyes.

"Oh that," Cat said mockingly.

"What?"

"It was a yelp review, Eli," Cat said softly. "You need to chill."

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes.

Cat crossed her arms.

"Fine. Look, I'm sorry. Okay?"

"Are you?"

"Yeah, Cat. Look, I don't need another girl telling me what's wrong and what's right. Okay?"

"Another?"

"Yeah, Moon fucking broke up with me. It's fucking stupid."

"Wait, Moon broke up with you?"

"That's what I just fucking said, Cat."

"I told you not to get a tattoo of her name," Cat muttered and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, shut up," Hawk said harshly.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean that."

Cat nodded. "It's just not a good idea to get someone's name tattooed on your body."

"I get it, Cat. For fuck sack."

"Eli, if you're just going to act like an asshole I'll just leave."

"No. Don't... don't leave... Please."

"Fine."

Cat started walking past him into his kitchen. He followed.

"You hungry?" Eli asked. "Thirsty?"

"I could take a drink."

Eli nodded and walked over to the fridge. "Chocolate milk?" he asked as he pulled out a carton of chocolate milk.

Cat nodded. "Yes please."

Eli poured her a glass and gave it to her. "Here."

"Thanks."

"Sorry for, uh, a couple minutes ago..."

Cat shrugged. "Just don't be an ass. K?"

"K."

"And don't think I'm just going to forget about the whole yelp review thing."

"Okay, okay. I said I was sorry."

"Tell that to Demetri and maybe I'll forget about it."

"Okay, yeah, whatever," Hawk rolled his eyes.

"Hey," Cat pointed at him. "You hurt my friend, I hurt you. And you're my friend, so I don't want to do that, but I will if I have to."

"Got it," Hawk said. Cat detected a hint of sarcasm.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No."

"Then watch it, Feather Boy."

Hawk rolled his eyes at the nickname. "Don't call me that."

(801 words. Whatcha think?)