66

Cobra Kai has been taking over and it's going too far, so the dojos are opening back up

Cobra Kai has been taking over and it's going too far, so the dojos are opening back up. Daniel and Johnny are working together again. It was the first time the dojos were having practice again and the students were in the back part of the Miyagi-do dojo. Sam's little brother Anthony was even there.

Cat was in the front with Robby. She was assuring him that everything was going to be fine. And if people had problems with him they'd have to deal with her. He said that wasn't necessary, but appreciated it either way. She nodded and the two made their way around back.

Chozen whistled to get everyone's attention, "Line up!"

The students made their way up. Cat stayed off to the back. She'd met Chozen earlier in the day.

**

Cat had gotten to the dojo early like Daniel asked her to. Well, Amanda asked her for Daniel, because she had her number. Cat set her bag down inside and went out back. Once there she was Daniel with some guy.

"Cattrina," Daniel said, noticing the girl.

"Sup?" Cat asked as she walked over.

"This is Chozen," Daniel introduced. "He's here to help with the Cobra Kai problem."

"Oh, cool," Cat nodded. "Nice to meet you, Chozen."

"Chozen, this is Cattrina," Daniel introduced the girl. "I believe I mentioned her to you before. She's our dojos assistant sensei. Or well, she was before we closed, and I'm hoping still wants to be.?"

Cat nodded.

"Ah, yes," Chozen said. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Daniel-san speaks well of you and your skills."  

**

Chozen stood on the sparing deck as the students gathered around.

"So where are my dad and Johnny?" Sam asked.

"Not here," Chozen said. "Today, you train with me." He said something in Japanese, but the students didn't know what he was saying. "Attention."

The students stood more properly.

He said another thing none of the students understood. "Bow."

The students bowed.

"Cobra Kai gaining ground. We must prepare. Come."

There was some chatter from the students.

"Now, we learn about Yanbaru Kuina," Chozen said.

"What is that? Like, some top-secret karate move?" Chris asked. "Like a throat rip?"

"It's a bird," Cat said. "In English, the Yanbaru Kuina is called Okinawa rail."

Chozen nodded. "Endangered. Cannot fly."

"Hence endangered," Demetri said.

"So are these the real eggs?" Miguel asked as Chozen set some eggs on a table.

"No. Trader Joes. $3.29," Chozen said. "Take egg."

The students came up and each grabbed an egg.

"So what do we do with them?" Sam asked.

"Yanbaru Kuina must protect egg. From Kume Shima habu. Poison snake. You must do same," Chozen explained. He flipped an hourglass. "Begin your preparation."

"What are we protecting them from?" Robby asked.

"From me." Chozen yelled as he pulled out a pair of sai. "Go! Go!"

The students ran off.

Chozen went through and broke everyone's egg one by one. While he did so, Cat sat on the sparing deck, she couldn't help but laugh occasionally. She knew what the solution to the test was, but she wasn't just going to give it away. They had to figure it out on their own.

Demetir had been the first out. But it didn't take long for Chozen to pick off more and more people. As people's eggs were broken they went and stood up on the sparing deck. Cat laughed at all of them.

"How'd he take you out?" Robby asked Eli when he walked up on the sparking deck.

"Shut up. Don't talk to me," Eli said.

"Dude, if this is about the mohawk, I'm sorry. But if anybody knows how Cobra Kai can turn you into an asshole it's you."

"Oh, so I'm an asshole?"

"Guys-" Cat tried to cut in but was cut off.

"Yeah, well, let's see," Robby said. "Uh, you attacked me and Sam at the mall. Y-you broke Demetri's arm. You trashed this entire dojo."

"Guys! Enough! Enough! All right?" Demetri said.

"You were both assholes, now you're working on making things right," Cat said. "We're all a part of the same team now, okay? So get over it!"

"You're both ex-assholes now. Great!" Demetri said. "Now, can we focus on the issue at hand? There is a madman out here using weapons on us."

"I'm like 95% sure he's not actually going to hurt anyone."

"That doesn't worry me any less," Demetri said. Cat just shrugged.

"Who's even left?" Chris asked.

"Miguel and Sam," Cat said. "I've been keeping track. Plus, it's funny seeing you guys fail."

"If you think it's soo easy, then why don't you do it?" Demetri said.

"Because I knew the solution already," Cat said.

"Which is?"

"Uhuhuh," Cat shook her head and finger. "I can't tell you. That's for your guys to figure out. All I'll say is it's a puzzle. Put the pieces together."

All the students were given another egg. Cat looked at the time and saw that she had to leave because she had therapy. She told Chozen bye and started to head into the dojo to grab her bag before leaving.

"Cat, where are you goin?" Eli asked as she walked past the group of students discussing their battle strategy.

"I have shit to do," Cat shrugged.

"So you're going to leave us all alone with that madman?" Demetri asked.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, and do great," Cat patted his shoulder. "So do you guys have a strategy yet?" She had heard their chatter, but she still asked.

"We're going to work together, instead of being a bunch of ones," Anthony said.

Cat nodded. "Now you're putting the pieces together," she said. "Good luck," she added before walking away.

"That's what she meant by the puzzle comment," Demetri said. "We're the pieces. Putting the pieces, us, together is the solution."

"She was talking in riddles," Eli said.

"Damn, she's also like a mix of senseis, just to a lesser degree," Chris said, referring to Chozen having been called a mix between the touch parts Johnny and Daniel.

(1018 words.)