Cat was tired and wanted to sleep, but she had school

Cat was tired and wanted to sleep, but she had school. As she got ready, she made a pot of coffee. She finished getting ready and it was time to leave for school. She grabbed the coffee pot and poured the whole pot into a large travel cup, filling it completely. She slung her bag over her shoulder, grabbed her board, and left.

Eventually, Cat arrived at the school and kicked up her board. She walked into the building and put her board and textbooks in her locker. She closed the locker door and just leaned on her locker as she sipped her coffee out of her large travel cup.

"Hey, Cat," Demetri said as he opened his locker.

"Mh," Cat nodded sup, with a small hum of acknowledgment.

Demetri closed his locker after putting his stuff in it. He turned to Cat. He pointed at the large cup. "Oh, let me guess, coffee?" he said sarcastically.

"You think?" Cat glared at him somewhat jokingly.

"Hey, Cat, Demetri," Eli said as he opened his locker.

"Hey," Demetri said.

Cat did another sup nod before drinking from her coffee.

—-

Cat was in the hallway. It was a free period. At the beginning of class time, you have to check in with a teacher, who doesn't have a class. You can either stay in the classroom or you can go somewhere else around the school grounds. Some people with permission can leave the school, but technically you're not supposed to.

She was just on her phone waiting for lunch. Eli was retaking a test he missed while sick and Demetri was working with the person he had a group project with. She didn't feel like being in the classroom, so she was in the hall next to the window. She was going to go outside, but it's pretty windy.

After some time, lunch was about to start, so Cat decided she'd just head to the cafeteria now. She went in just as the lunch bell rang. She was obviously the first in line to get lunch. She sat at her friends' usual table. After a couple of minutes, everyone was in the cafeteria.

At some point, she got up to get a drink. She got a text and looked at her phone. It was just her therapist confirming their next section. It was for Friday during the free period and lunch. She got permission from the school to leave once a week during that time for the therapy stuff.

"If it isn't the school's latest slut," said a voice walking towards her.

Cat looked up from her phone and saw Kyler. She rolled her eyes.

"Making your next dick appointment?" Kyler asked.

"Fuck off, Kyler. No one likes you," Cat said, putting her phone away. "And you're just a salty bitch."

"And you're just a slutty bitch."

"Says the dumbass, who's gotten his ass kicked numerous times."

"You well, uh, you... you've probably got your ass fucked numerous times. Because you're a fucking slut."

Cat rolled her eyes again. "What exactly does you calling me a slut archive?"

"Uhh... t-t-that... that y-you're a slut," Kyler stuttered. "That's what."

"Blah, duh, blah, blah, duh, blah," Cat mocked him. "As someone who had a stutter for most of their life, you sound like an idiot. You call me, and other people, names just to do so. Does it make you feel better about yourself when you put other people down? Is your masculinity so fragile that you have to try to put everyone around you down just to feel better about yourself? Because honestly that just makes you a loser. It makes you the biggest loser in the school."

"Says you. You were the loser mute witch girl until like a year and a half ago. You, that freak with the lip, and that nerd of all nerds were all losers, but somehow everyone forgot about that."

"Yeah, we got cool and you became the loser. But honestly in my opinion you were always the loser. You and the other 'popular' people seemed like boring losers to me. And at least I don't have to put people down to make myself feel better."

"Isn't that what you're trying to do?"

"No. I'm just sticking up for myself. If what I've said is making you feel bad, that's on you. Either way, you should just leave me the fuck alone. K?"

Before Kyler could respond, Cat walked off. She grabbed a drink and went back to the table.

"Damn, Kitty," Tory said. "Way to take down Kyler."

Cat shrugged. "God has let me live another day and I'm making it everyone's problem."

"Still tired, huh?" Eli asked.

"I need more coffee," Cat nodded.

"Didn't you drink an entire pot of coffee?" Demetri asked.

"Okay and?"

(803 words. I hope this was good. Sorry, I didn't realize how long it's been since I last updated this story. Also, if you want, feel free to check out my other stories, if you haven't.)