33

Cat was at school

Cat was at school. She was at lunch and was talking to Demetri and Sam. She wasn't planning to sit with them, but they just happened to run into each other in the hallway and start talking. They were just talking when suddenly they all got notifications. Not just the three of them, though. It was everyone. Opening up their phones it was a link to a video.

The video was of Cat when she was younger. It was a compilation of her winning different karate competitions. There were also short clips from videos filmed by her dad of her doing some training and stuff in between them. Like there was one of her breaking a board, a short one of her processing punches and kicks, and even one of her breaking a cinder block with her head. Some of the clips were of her earning different belts.

All of the videos seemed to be playing in order of oldest to newest. The first ones were her as a teeny tiny little toddler and the last ones were her as a tween. But the very last video was of her fighting Kyler at the canyon.

Someone must have taken hours to edit it together. It probably took forever to find all the clips. The Kyler fight was one of the only things that came up when searching "Cattrina Jackson fight" or "Cattrina Jackson karate" or any variation of it. This video's creator had to have known her history, the 'fighter name' everyone called her, which she didn't start and wasn't quite sure when or why it started. Said 'fighter name' could be heard in the video at many different points.

The video ended with a black screen. That was before words popped up. "Cattrina Jackson: The Phoenix."

'The Phoenix' was her 'fighter name' that everyone used to call her. The phoenix rises from the ashes to symbolize immortality and resurrection. An eternal symbol of rebirth and life after death. Cat wasn't sure why she became 'The Phoenix'. It had been a thing for as long as she remembered.

Cat could feel eyes on her. Most people probably wouldn't have even realized it was her if it wasn't for the video of her beating up Kyler. Oh and the fact that her name is said throughout the video. Cat just got up and left the cafeteria. She wanted to know who posted the video.

—- 

Cat was typing away on her computer. She was trying to figure out who posted that video of her. She was using her technological, programming, and hacking skills. She traced the video IP address. She figured out that the video had been posted from the Cobra Kai dojo.

Putting two and two together she figured out that Kreese must have posted it. Although, she's not sure how he was able to send it to everyone or how he even knew how to edit it all together. That's why he looked at her the first time they met, he recognized her from her early karate days.

(508 words. What do you think of the story thus far?)