35

Cat ended up having to work late and by the time she got back to her apartment building, she saw Hawk's motorcycle parked outside. She rushed up the stairs, since the elevator was still broken, and saw him at the door of her apartment. He looked over at her as she approached.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey. Sorry, I had to stay at work late and my phone died," Cat said as she unlocked her apartment.

"It's okay, Cat," Hawk said as the two walked into her apartment.

"Uh, you can find a spot to sit, I'll be right back. I just need to change," Cat gestured to her outfit, which was her work uniform.

"Yeah, okay. Take your time," Eli went and sat on the couch as Cat went to her room. He had noticed that Cat hadn't looked directly at him yet.

Eli was kinda fidgety as he waited. He was glad she was finally going to hear him out, but he was scared that she wasn't going to believe him. He was afraid she would still hate him. He was afraid that she currently hated him. Which she didn't hate him, so was just upset with him.

After a few minutes, Cat came out of her room and sat next to Hawk on the couch

After a few minutes, Cat came out of her room and sat next to Hawk on the couch. It was silent for a few minutes, neither entirely sure how to start the conversation. Cat was staring at the corner of the room away from Hawk. Hawk was looking at the ground, occasionally glancing over at Cat.

"I didn't want to do it," Eli was the first to talk.

"Then why did you?" Cat asked, finally looking over at him.

"Because I was pressured to. If I didn't then I would be going against Cobra Kai. I had to prove my loyalty."

"Wouldn't you rather be loyal to your friends than to some dojo?"

"They are my friends."

"Most of them don't seem like very good friends if you ask me."

"Cat."

"If they're pressuring you to do something you didn't want to do. To do something harmful to others, then they don't seem like they're that good of friends. Especially if it's to someone that has always been by your side."

"I know. You and Demetri have always been there for me. Even when I was little old pussy Eli," Hawk said, shifting a little to turn to Cat more. "Look, I just. I didn't want to do it and if I wasn't in that situation I wouldn't have done it. Also, I want you to know that I'd never do that to you, Cat. Please, Cat, I don't want you to hate me," he was starting to get emotional.

Cat could tell that he didn't want to do it. Demetri even told her that he could see the guilt on Hawk's face while and after doing it. She knew he was sorry. She knew he was being genuine. Especially since she could see Eli creeping out of the Hawk exterior. She wanted to forgive him, but she couldn't. Not yet.

"I don't hate you," Cat said.

"Really?" Eli asked hopefully.

Cat nodded. "Yeah."

"Does that mean you forgive me?"

"No."

"Oh," Eli's face fell. The tears that he had been holding back started to go down his face.

Cat hugged him and he hugged back. His tears fell on her shoulder as he tried to compose himself. "I don't forgive you yet."

"Please, I'll do anything to have you forgive me. You're so important to me."

"I'll forgive you, but first you have to apologize to Demetri and anyone else you hurt."

Eli nodded after the two pulled away. He wiped the tears off his face.

(616 words. Thoughts?)