63

Cat had gotten paid quite a bit for her last programming job, so she bought some alcohol and snacks, and invited Eli and Demetri over for a gaming night

Cat had gotten paid quite a bit for her last programming job, so she bought some alcohol and snacks, and invited Eli and Demetri over for a gaming night. It was the anniversary of her parents' accident, so she needed something to take her mind off of it.

The binary bros showed up early in the day, and there was a plan for them to stay the night. They'd probably be playing video games until late into the night.

"There's choice of different alcohol in the fridge and freezer," Cat told them. "So help yourself to whatever."

"Cool," Eli said.

The three settled down in the living area with their drinks. They started up the first game and got started. It was a player-versus-player game. Cat won that game against both boys and rubbed it in their faces.

"Boom! I'm the best! You're the worst! Oh yeah!" Cat taunted the boys doing a little dance before taking a large gulp of her drink. "Woah! Next game!"

—--

After playing numerous games, they moved on to a multiplayer multilevel game. This would take hours to get through. At this point, both of the boys were buzzed, but Cat, who had been drinking more than them, was getting pretty drunk. They'd tried to get her to slow down, but it wasn't much use.

"I'm hungry," Cat said. "Are you guys hungry? We can order somethin'."

"I could eat," Demetri said.

"Me too," Eli said.

"Okie dokie," Cat said. She got up and stumbled a little as she went and grabbed her phone. She came back and sat back down. "Whatcha want?"

They decided on Chinese food and ordered it. It would be delivered in like 15-20 minutes. They played the game as they waited.

There were empty Chinese food containers on the coffee table among empty alcohol bottles. They have been playing this one game for hours at this point. They all ended up getting messages inviting them to a little nighttime party at the canyon.

They decided to go. They took an uber over since they'd all been drinking. The boys weren't that drunk, but Cat was. The party was mostly the former Miyagi-do and Eagle Fang dojos. Moon, Yasmine, and a couple of other girls from school were there too, tough.

Cat danced with and talked to Miguel a little before they split ways. As she was stumbling around she saw Eli and Demetri with Moon and Yasmine. The boys kissed their respective girlfriends. Cat scoffed and walked past.

Cat went over and grabbed a bottle of some beer or something. She didn't really care, as long as it was alcohol. She chugged the bottle before grabbing another and going closer to the water. She sat on the shore and stared out at the water. The wave came up on the shore about a foot or two from where her feet were. She took her shoes off to let her feet in the cool water.

"You okay?" A voice said behind her. She tilted her head back, almost tipping back, to see Eli and Demetri standing there.

Cat rolled her eyes a little and drank from the bottle she held. "Oh, yeah. Just peachy," she muttered sarcastically.

The boys looked at each other confused and sat on either side of the drunk girl.

"What's going on, Cat?" Demetri asked.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing at allllllll," Cat said. "How about you guys go back to your gIrLfRiEnDs? ...lucky bitches..." she muttered the last part under her breath. She took another swig of her drink.

Eli and Demetri both heard what she said and looked at each other again. They were confused. What was she saying? What did she mean?

"You seemed upset," Eli said.

"We wanted to make sure you're okay," Demetri added.

"Oh, I thought you were too busy having your tongues down their throats to notice," Cat said somewhat sarcastically.

"What's your problem?" Eli asked.

Cat scoffed.

"What?" Eli asked.

"I've met them, and after spending time with them, I don't think they're that great," Cat said, her speech slurred from how drunk she was. "I mean, their popularity started to drop, and suddenly they love you guys."

"What do you mean? They're not bad people."

"They used to bully all of us for a long time."

"They apologized for all of the stuff they did," Demetri said.

"Whatever," Cat scoffed. She muttered, "of course, you guys would fall for the pretty rich girls. Fucking lucky bitches. They probably don't actually love you guys like I do."

"You... you love us?" the boys asked simultaneously. The way she said it didn't sound like she meant it platonically. It sounded like she meant that she was in love with them.

"Of course I do," Cat said. "You guys are the best. I've loved you for years. You're both good looking, have great personalities, I mean I've known you both for so long that I know basically everything about you."

"Love or love love?" Eli asked.

It was obvious to both boys that Cat was so drunk that she had no filter. She probably didn't even know what she was saying. They doubted she'd even remember any of this.

"Is that even a question?" Cat giggled a little and drank more of her drink. "I loooove love love you guys."

"B-both of us?" Demetri asked. He looked back and forth between Cat and Eli a couple of times.

"Mhm," Cat nodded. She got dizzy and fell/laid back on the sand. 

Both of the boys were at a loss for words. This was a first for Demetri, he always had something to say. Neither thought Cat liked them like that. They both have had crushes on her but never thought she'd feel the same. Now she's saying that she's in love with both of them? How are they supposed to respond? How are they supposed to react? There was like a 98% chance Cat wasn't even going to remember a single moment of any of this.

"Ooo~ pretty sky," Cat said, looking up at the clear night sky. Eli and Demetri looked at her then looked up at the sky. It was quite beautiful. The boys laid back and stared at the sky with her for a little while. Cat started pointing out and talking about the different constellations. Some of what she said kinda sounded like gibberish as what she was saying would randomly get sidetracked.

Eventually, the binary bros thought it'd be best to take Cat home. The party was already dying down as other people left. Eli called an uber and the two boys helped Cat to the vehicle. She stumbled quite a bit as she walked.

(1122 words. Whatcha think?)