56

Disclaimer: I don't entirely know what it's like to have PTSD, and anxiety can be different for everyone. I'm doing my best to write this, and if anything seems wrong I'm sorry.

Cat was sitting at her desk trying to not think about the progressively heavier rain

Cat was sitting at her desk trying to not think about the progressively heavier rain. She was playing a game on her computer to try and focus on something else. There was a loud knock on the front door of Cat's apartment. She got up, walked over to the door, looked through the peephole, then opened the door.

"Hey, Robz," Cat said.

"Hey, Catty," Robby said. "Can I come in?"

Cat nodded and let him in.

The two conversed for a moment before going to Cat's room. Robby sat on her bed while she sat at her desk. It was normal for him to come over when it was raining. Especially if it was raining heavily.

"So... uh," Robby said. "How's life?"

"It's good, I guess," Cat shrugged. "You?"

"Same."

They both nodded a little. It was a bit awkward since they haven't hung out as much since Robby joined Cobra Kai and Cat started as an assistant sensei.

Thunder boomed as the rain seemed to hit the window harder. The noise caused Cat to jump a little. She got up and moved to sit next to Robby. He placed his arm around her shoulder in a comforting way.

"Hey, it's okay," he said. He noticed her breathing became uneven. "Breathe."

Cat nodded a little and focused on her breathing as there was more thunder and lightning coming from outside.

The rain was now a full-on storm. It was getting worse by the second. Rain is nothing, but a storm is something. Cat gets transported back to the night. It's not as bad as it used to be though. For a year or so after the accident, the lightest rain could make her feel like she's having a full-on panic attack.

Robby held Cat in his arms, rubbing her back and whispering comforting words in her ear. He's helped her through this so many times. He knew what calmed her down and what made it worse.

The thunder seemed to be getting closer every time it was heard. The lightning was bright outside the window. Cat's breath was more raged and she was shaking.

Robby quickly got up and closed the curtain on the window. He grabbed the headphones off Cat's desk and grabbed Cat's phone off her nightstand. He sat back down and Cat instantly clutched onto him as thunder crashed loudly. Robby wrapped his arms around her as he plugged the headphones into the phone. He opened the phone since he knew the password, he slid the headphones on Cat's head and put on her rain playlist. It was a playlist of all the songs that helped her feel calm.

Robby rubbed Cat's back as they sat on her bed. She had the music at full volume to block out any sound of the storm. They stayed like that for over an hour until the storm ended. Cat had fallen asleep at some point, so Robby just laid her down. He played the blanket over her and got up. He set her phone and headphones on the deck before leaving the room. He laid on the couch and fell asleep.

The next morning, Cat woke up and looked around. She didn't remember falling asleep. She got up and stretched. She left her room and saw Robby asleep on the couch. She smiled a little. She's glad he doesn't hate her for the whole dojo thing. He's pretty much the only family she has, and they're not even actually related.

Cat went over to her kitchen, for once she actually had some food. She preheated the oven and grabbed a backing sheet. She took a carton of eggs and a pack of bacon out of the fridge. She put the bacon on a baking sheet and put it into the oven.

For most people, that's not how they make bacon, but it's how her dad taught her to make it. She personally thought it tasted better that way.

After the bacon was in for a couple of minutes, she started making the eggs. Cheese scrambled eggs for herself, and fried ones for Robby. Not long later everything was done. She pulled the bacon out. She turned around to see Robby walking over.

He yawned. "Hey."

"Hey," Cat said. "How you're hungry."

Robby nodded as he sat at the counter. "Yeah."

"Good," Cat handed him a plate with his eggs and placed a few strips of bacon on it. She added some to her plate and sat next to him.

"Thanks, Catty," Robby said.

"Of course, Robz."

(791 words.)