1.

Expectations.

Expectations disempower you by making your emotional well-being dependent on something external that you cannot control.

 Making requests or hoping for something is one thing. Basing your emotions on the outcome is quite another.

 These are ideas that we have about how we want things to go, or how we want other people to be. When what we expect to happen doesn't occur, we feel disappointed, upset, and angry. 

This often stems from unrealistic expectations –when we expect things and people to be different than they are. Or when we want other people to change their personalities, their beliefs, their values, or their behavior to line up with our ideals.

Simply, expectations hurt the most...

---

With a usual cold face, I seated in the middle of the meeting room, I studied the documents prepared for the meeting while others silently took glances at me. While playing with the pen between the first two fingers of my right hand I turned the pages and finished reading the presentation.

I look up and found everyone's head was hung down while the person who was presenting the presentation was sweating and shivering badly. I rolled my eyes and raised my hand a little higher and the poor old man stopped his actions, I look up at him in his eyes. At this it's moment man almost peed in his pants, he hung his head low waiting for me to speak.

I scoffed and pushed away the file on the table, I stood up and spoke,

"Dismiss and you are fired"

I pointed toward the shivering man, silent gasps left everyone's mouths while the man kneeled on his knees begging for his job but I ignored everything and left. Weakling. I hate those people who can't be confident in themselves...

My heels clanked through the silent hallways of the company while a girl and a boy followed me, Sara and Du-sik, these both are my secretaries.

As I stepped in the elevator I ordered them,

"Call the driver"

Du-sik immediately called the driver while Sara handed me the iPad and spoke,

"Ma'am, your schedule for today is completed"

While reviewing the schedule silently I nodded and handed her the device back. The elevator dinged and I made my way to the car followed by them, the chauffeur opened the door and then I sat in the backseat of a black shiny Mercedes. 

The atmosphere in the car was uncomfortably silent, I massaged my temples feeling tired already, soon the driver turned towards the central hospital and a sigh escaped from my lips. The car stopped at the main gate of the hospital and Du-sik opened the door for me, and I  step out of the car and walked towards a known ward followed by my secretaries.