45.

YN'S POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YN"

What the ..., with wide eyes I looked over everyone present there while the living room was decorated beautifully, my birthday? what day is today? am I dreaming? My eyes wandered and searched for one particular person but he was nowhere to be seen, I came out of my trance as I felt a hand on my lower back, I looked, and she mouthed,

'Let's go'

I faked up a smile nodded and looked at the front everyone was smiling looking at me waiting to wish me well and make my day better, little did they know that I hate celebrating my birthday, it ends with me and the kids going out on a picnic, I used to bail out Jungkook and Jimin, but this year I really forget about the day and there was no way in the hell I would turn all of them down...

I held Eun-woo in my arms tightly and walked into the living room, I was wearing a simple red satin bodycon dress with v neckline and it was backless having a slit up to my right upper thigh, Lisa made me wear matching heels, now I connected the dots why both Jennie and Lisa styled my hair wavy and made me wear makeup too.

With narrow eyes, I looked back at Lisa and Jennie. At the same time, both of them smiled innocently at me, Jennie took Eun-woo from my embrace, and just then everybody started singing the happy birthday song. I saw that one particular person who was missing dragging the cake trolley towards me. As my eyes met him, he smiled warmly at me with an emotion in his eyes that I dared not to speak out because I was hallucinating, I flinched as Jungkook burst a party popper. 

My heart still continued to race as I felt hard to breathe, as if he could read what was going on inside my head he came in front of me and cupped my face, I looked up at him and he whispered,

"Breathe Strawberry"

Surprisingly my body immediately listened to his words, he pecked my forehead, and as his lips touched my skin my body instantly relaxed, he pulled away and gave me an encouraging smile. I held his hand tightly as he led me to the center in front of the cake, I greeted elders mustering up my best smile, for the whole time Taehyung kept me close to him as if he knew I was a step away from getting another anxiety attack. It's just something I can't help with, I hate being the center of attention and I was exactly that right now, and trust me it was nerve-wracking...

Soon I cut the cake and everyone shared their blessings along with gifts they bought for me, I felt Taehyung getting tensed behind me when Yeonjun hugged me and handed me my birthday gift, which was a beautiful bracelet, I asked him about Fiona and Hobi Oppa and he told that Oppa was out of station for some work while Fiona had to be somewhere else, I didn't pry much not to sound nosy. 

As Fiona came to my mind, my eyes immediately searched for Mom, I around and Taehyung behind me holding me by the shoulders, I looked up at him and asked,

"Mom?"

He cupped my face and replied,

"After the last encounter, I wasn't sure..."

Honestly, I didn't feel bad mom wasn't here, after our last meeting I needed some time and maybe she needed to. The panic lingered in Taehyung's eyes, I smiled gently held his hand holding my face, and spoke,

"It's okay, I needed some more time to face her"

He studied my face for a moment but nodded eventually, I gave him a nod signifying him I was alright, and looked back at everyone having fun, a smile kissed my lips as I saw kids and dad dancing together. I looked around and my eyes fell on the cake momentarily my smile faded away as I remembered my eighteenth birthday,

I smile happily as Mom brings out my favorite strawberry shortcake with a beautiful candle on top of it, to my delight I saw Mason singing the birthday song to me. I felt really happy that after a long time, both Mom and him seemed like normal couples, it felt like we were a perfect family.