Chapter 6: Captured

The Colonel went to her and grabs her queue tightly, causing Esmyrie to cry out in pain.

"Man, you are one ugly looking thing." The Colonel says, but Esmyrie doesn't understand English, her father never thinking she would need to know it.

However, she knows the Sully kids were taught it at a young age, with their father once being from the sky. So when Lo'ak hisses at the man, Esmyrie can assume whatever he said isn't good.

"Maybe you want to tell me where Jake Sully is? Hmm?" The man asks, and when Esmyrie just gives him a glare, he pulls harder on her queue.

Lo'ak glares at the man, and tries to stand up but with the avatar behind him, holding him steady, he can't do anything.

"You really want to play that game? I'm losing my patience. I want to know where he is. Now!" Colonel demands, and although Esmyrie can't understand him, when she sees him grab the knife that is on the ground which is hers, and put it against her queue instead of her neck, she stops struggling.

She doesn't know what would happen if her Queue is cut but she can assume it wouldn't be good, so she stays still, trying her best to not shake in fear.

"Hey asshole! She doesn't know English!" Spider yells out, not liking his friend being put in such danger.

The leader looks at Spider for a second, considering letting the girl go, but something in him shifts, especially when he see's the way the Na'vi boy looks at her.

He turns back around, giving the knife to one of his comrades before punching her in the face, making her want to drop to the ground if she could, but the hold on her queue makes it impossible.

She feels blood forming on her lip, it probably getting cut open, and she hisses at him, her glare turning fierce.

Lo'ak hisses loudly at the action, the attention now going back to him, which he appreciates. He will take all the punches in the world if it means Esmyrie is safe.

Colonel commands one of the avatars to grab Esmyrie, which they do, and Colonel returns to Lo'ak , standing in front of him.

"You're his, aren't you?" He asks, smiling.

Lo'ak doesn't answer, hissing at him instead, which causing Colonel to grab the boys queue, not liking his response.

"Sorry, I don't speak English...." Lo'ak speaks in Na'vi ".... to assholes."

This response seems to infuriate the man further. "Where is your father?" He asks in broken Na'vi that would of make Esmyrie laugh if under different circumstances. Her amusement goes away though, when Colonel pulls hard on Lo'ak's queue causing him to scream out in pain.

Colonel drops the boy, now moving over to Kiri, who has been trying to keep Tuk calm this whole time. Tuk was terrified though, especially when she saw her older brother getting hurt.

Spider seems to see the mans movements towards Kiri and struggles, hating seeing his closest friend possibly in danger.

"Don't touch her!" Spider yells out, causing the attention to go towards him.

Colonel looks at the boy, admiring and fascinated by the fact a human is with the Na'vi, protecting them even.

"Please don't hurt her, please." Spider pleads out.

"What's your name kid?" The Colonel asks, look at the human.

It seems that the boy thinks about it for a few seconds, undecided on what to say. He had his real name, but then also his nickname which he has gone by forever.