Chapter 53: A Wound For A Wound

Mentions of Child Abuse (Brief but there). And lots of violence as this is the fight scene

Also Italics means they are speaking in English, and just a reminder that is a language Esmyrie doesn't understand but the Sully Family does.

Between all the chaos, Esmyrie finds peace in staring at Lo'aks eyes.

They are the eyes that hold truth, love, acceptance. And even now, even in this fear of being an a ship with unknown skypeople and Na'vi wannabe's, they look at her with love.

Lo'ak keeps his eyes on her, even when he feels a metal boot on his back holding him down, and arms all over him, making him immobile. She is his focus.

He first protected Payakan, and now he will protect her. Neteyam is safe, for now he assumes, and so his goal, protect her, get his friends and family out of here, find Neteyam, and return home.

His eyes briefly move to the commotion above him, seeing a human boy, who he sees more like a cousin or brother getting held back by skypeople. Spider, he isn't dead. And maybe in some sick twisted way he wished Spider was dead, instead of having to endure whatever it was the skypeople did to him for weeks, months.

"Spider?" Lo'ak says, sounding more like a question than a statement.

"Bro, are you okay?" Spider asks in Na'vi, his eyes moving from Lo'ak to Esmyrie.

Esmyrie barely is able to see his back, but his wounds look healthier, as if they are just now beginning to heal.

"Yeah, great cuz, never better." Lo'ak says, his eyes once again moving to Esmyrie, his eyes hardening into a glare when he sees the knife.

She seems uncomfortable being held that close to their enemies, and it makes Lo'ak want to kill them even more.

He knows he will, he would kill the whole world if it were to keep her safe.

Colonel Quaritch seems satisfied with the children he has on the boat, holding a stance that means power, ordering the skypeople to return Spider back to the bridge, the human boy going, shrugging the hands off of him.

When Quaritch gets into Lo'aks view, and a little too close to Esmyrie, he gives the man a hiss, his glare becoming more strong.

"Yeah, I remember you. Cuff them to the rail, all of them." Quaritch orders, Esmyries eyes moving towards Lo'ak for anwsers.

She hates not knowing what is being said to them, and it scares her to think that they could be planning their death, and yet she doesn't understand because of the language barrier.

Lo'ak is forced to stand, a hand to his queue, and with the force he isn't able to see Esmyrie, making his heart quicken. He can hear Tsireya and Tuk struggle in the avatars grasps, trying to fight their strong hold, but Esmyrie, he doesn't hear Esmyrie struggle and that makes his fears worsen.

When he is forced to his knees and his hands are cuffed to the railing, the avatar releasing his hold on the queue, he looks over, seeing that Quaritch is walking over to Esmyrie.

The knife moves, now going towards her neck more harshly, cutting skin slightly, a drop of blood falling down her neck.

"I remember you. Back in the forest, but you aren't one of his, so that leaves the question, why are you here?" The Colonel asks.

Esmyrie sees his lips moving but she doesn't understand, making her just shake her head as much as she can without the knife drawing blood.

Lo'aks eyes widen when he sees the Colonel near his mate, and he tugs harshly at the binds, trying to get let free.