Chapter 47: Far Away

Mentions of Suicidal Thoughts, more just implied but still thought I would put a warning up.

Anger, an emotion of strong annoyance and hostility.

An emotion Lo'ak is seeing right now, from his father, the only problem is he has never seen this anger before.

His dad is dragging him, Lo'ak's feet barely having the power to follow his father's long strides, and it's utterly embarrassing. His dad is doing this publicly, dragging him around the village, to their hut. And the worst part is that Jake doesn't care.

His father's grip on him is bruising, he knows there will more than likely be bruises, and yet the boy doesn't speak up, he feels he would just get in more trouble if he did.

When they reach the hut, Kiri and Tuk are there, and instead of letting go, Jake's hold seems to tighten.

"Kiri, take Tuk and visit your mother." Jake orders.

Kiri wants to protest. Sure, her and Lo'ak argue but she can see his sad expression, and how the hold their father has on the boy is hurting him.

"Dad-"

"Kiri, go! Now." Jake says a little more sternly, his gaze only softening when he begins to hear Tuk sniffle. "Tuk, I'm sorry for raising my voice, why don't you continue making that bracelet with Neteyam and Kiri with your mother?"

Lo'ak can't help but roll his eyes at his fathers suddenly soft voice, a contrast to the harsh grip he has on his arm. Jake, always kind to his daughters but always rough with his sons, something Lo'ak has tried to grow accustomed too, but is still annoying and unfair.

Tuk sighs but nods her head, grabbing her bowl of beads in one hand and grabbing Kiri's with the other. Kiri gives Lo'ak a look but the boy just shakes his head hinting that it is best if she just leaves, and so Kiri does, sighing out when her eyes catch onto the hold her father has on Lo'ak, still not letting go.

Once the girls are gone, Jake drags Lo'ak so he can shut the flap of the hut, that way he gets a little more privacy, and then drags his son back to the middle, then and only then, letting go of the boys arm.

Lo'ak grits his teeth together, his hand moving to rub his now tender skin that is showing signs of bruising, and gives his dad a glare, a mirroring expression as his dad is looking back at him with just as much anger.

Now, Lo'ak doesn't hate his father. He'll never be able to hate his father. How can you hate the person you look up to and inspire to be? He may not hate Jake Sully, but he is fearful of him. He is afraid of what Toruk Makto, his father, can do.

"What the hell were you thinking, boy?! Bonding with the outcast? Talking back to the Olo'eyktan. What the hell where you thinking?!" Jake asks, no longer speaking in Na'vi but English, something he only does when pissed off or talking to the scientists back at Hell's Gate.

Lo'ak knows English well, his father taught him and all his siblings it, as it was once part of his fathers daily life. He understood English and was somewhat decent at speaking it, but he wasn't going to give his father the satisfaction of knowing he taught his son something once apart of his life. His father may once been human, but Lo'ak is not, and he won't start speaking their language unless forced.

"If you actually took time to acknowledge me, maybe you would know!" Lo'ak grits out.

"Watch your tone." Jake threatens, returning to the Na'vi langauge, pointing a threatening finger to Lo'ak, and it causes the boys gaze to break just slightly, his ears pinning to his head before he stands his ground once more.