Chapter 38: Just Trying To Be a Shithead?

Neteyam wakes up because of the sound of Rotor Blades and on instinct he grabs for his knife.

He thinks that the Skypeople have found them, that they are here for revenge. However once he becomes fully awake he realizes he knows that sound all too familiar.

Norm.

Neteyam gives Tuk a kiss on the forehead before moving to his mother and father who are asleep by Kiri's side.

"Mom..." Neteyam shakes his mother, and she slowly opens her eyes.

"What is it?" Neytiri asks, instantly being worried something happened to one of her kids.

"Norms here." Neteyam whispers, trying to not wake Tuk.

Neytiri nods, shaking her husband slightly to have him awake.

When Jake finally wakes up, he gives his wife a pout on the face. He wanted to sleep in, especially with going to bed so late, but then his ears pick up on the sound of the chopper and he remembers that Kiri is hurt.

Jake gets up in a hurry, kissing his wife and moving hair out of Kiri's face. Neteyam however grabs his fathers arm before he can leave the hut.

"Dad where's Lo'ak and Esmyrie?" The boy whispers, remembering when he fell asleep they were still talking amongst themselves.

"What?" Jake asks, quickly looking over to the untouched bed.

The kids haven't returned. Lo'ak and Esmyrie haven't returned. Jake pinches his nose in agitation, something he has never been able to stop doing, even though its a human habit.

Lo'ak is going to give him gray hair before Tuk reaches the age of ten at this rate.

"They went out lastnight." Jake says, hearing the chopper get closer, knowing he needs to be out there to not fear any of the Na'vi that are unfamiliar with this aircraft. "Can you look for them? We need a scan on Esmyrie." Jake says, not even waiting to hear his sons anwser, running out of the hut to help guide the chopper to land.

Neteyam stands there, turning to give his mom a look and Neytiri just shrugs her shoulders, not knowing where the kids could be.

"Ugh! Why does Lo'ak always have to run off." Neteyam whispers, throwing his arms up in defeat, following his fathers orders to find his brother and sister, the only problem being that he has no idea where to start looking

=-=

Lo'ak has been awake for the last hour, but he didn't dare think about moving, not when Esmyrie finally looked like she was sleeping peacefully.

He wanted to know what she dreamed about that made her so worried. He wants to know what she saw at the Spirit Tree. He wants to know all that is haunting her so he can help.

He knows though that when she is ready, she will tell him all that she saw, and so for now he won't bombard her, and instead will find peace in just her presence.

Maybe Lo'ak is misjudging, but she seems relaxed in his arms. And he realizes he never wants to let her go.

Maybe it's foolish for him to think this, but he could see her being his mate, his wife. He could see her being his. And its one of the best thoughts in the world.

When Esmyrie finally does stir awake, she squints her eyes and hides her face in his chest, trying to get a few more minutes of sleep.

"Morning." Lo'ak whispers, kissing her forehead, chuckling lightly when she hides her face in his chest more.

"Can we sleep forever? I feel like I barely slept." Esmyrie whispers.

"Mmm.. That sounds nice, my love but Norm is coming for Kiri. We can have him also check your arms." Lo'ak points out to the dried ointment on her arms that is doing a slow job at healing her wounds.