Chapter 7: Is This Goodbye?

The Sully family is leaving. Esmyrie isn't supposed to know about there soon to be departure, but Tuk has a loud mouth sometimes.... (that and the fact that Esmyrie maybe ease dropped a little).

She is sad, now laying in her tent, trying her best to block out the world. It seems like the last month has been testing her, and all she keeps getting is hit.

First her dad, then the banishment and now her friends, her only friends are getting forced to leave because of this upcoming war. She doesn't know how to feel. She feels happy knowing her friends will be safe far away from here, but at the same time, she feels as if she is getting betrayed. She feels as if there is a part of Jake that must hate her. For him to banish her and then take the only people she has left, far away from her.

It's eating at her soul.

Kiri is her companion, the one she can spends hours with just laying in the grass talking.

Tuk is her mini bestfriend, always knowing how to make her laugh.

Neteyam is her brother, her older brother that she loves so dearly.

And Lo'ak.... her bestfriend.

She feels like she is getting punched in the gut just thinking about the Sully's leaving.

She hears footsteps enter her tent, so she hides her face with her arms, not wanting anyone to be near her right now. Not when she is still grieving the lost of her father, the loss of ownership in the clan, and soon the lost of all her friends.

"Esmy, may I come in?" Neteyam asks, his accent stronger than normal.

Of course it's Neteyam. He is always the one that tries and makes peace for what his family does, Esmyrie thinks.

"What do you want?" Esmyrie mumbles, not daring to turn and look at the boy, knowing very well this might be one of the last conversations they have.

"I'm assuming you heard?" Neteyam asks, sitting down beside her, trying to get her to look into his eyes, but she holds her ground, hiding in her arms.

"Tuk talks loudly." Esmyrie says, sighing loudly.

"Mhh. More shocked you didn't hear it from Lo'ak." Neteyam mumbles out.

"Yeah, well I highly doubt he wants to hang around me right now when all I would be doing with him is begging him to stay, which I know isn't an option." Esmyrie shrugs, a tear falling from her eyes without her permission.

"Esmy, can you look at me. Please." Neteyam begs out, wanting to see his bestfriend, his sister.

The crack in his voice is what causes her to stop hiding, moving so she faces the boy.

"I don't want to leave. This is my home. My families home. I don't want to leave you." Neteyam mumbles out, his finger absent mindedly messing with his bracelets on his wrist that Tuk made for him.

"Yeah... well It's probably for the best. I'm just some curse." Esmyrie jokes out, however there is no hints of amusement in her voice.

Neteyam looks at her and shakes his head. He hates that she thinks so little of herself. He hates that all this pain has happened to her in such a short amount of time.

"You aren't a curse."

"Really? I feel like it. Everyone close to me leaves. Happened with mom, hell, I never even met her. Happened with dad, he is now dead because my idiot ass couldn't follow one simple rule. One rule. Even the clan left me, getting me banished cause I look different. And now you're leaving. Lo'aks leaving. Tuk, Kiri. Spider is gone, taken by the monsters. I'm cursed. So maybe it's best you leave, that way I can't curse you too." Esmyrie confesses, looking at the boy with so much emotion in her eyes that it pains him.