Chapter 55: Goodnight, Love

Mentions of Blood, Angst, An Intense Injury that has quite a deep description. Also this does have Ao'nung x Neteyam mentioned. If you are against it, please leave.

I don't have room for Homophobia, and I don't want homophobes reading my work.

And before anyone argues that doesn't happen in Avatar, heres proof from the Avatar website: "Though it is typical for male Na'vi to choose a female mate, and vice versa, same-sex pairings are not uncommon and do not appear to be stigmatized in Na'vi culture."

This is 6000+ words and should be probably read in one sitting.

Muffled voices, that's the first thing she is aware of.

Second, it's the pain in her skull.

Third, light breaking through the darkness of her mind, her eyes opening.

And lastly, hands holding her, and her queue.

Her eyes blink open, and she realizes quickly she is not back with her friends, that the ship wasn't all a dream, but a reality.

"Look who's awake." An avatar speaks, tattoos littering her body, holding tightly onto the girls queue.

Esmyrie just gives her a hiss, not daring to show the fear that is in her heart.

Esmyrie may not understand them, but she can tell from their mannerisms that they aren't kind, and that they aren't looking out for her well being.

She feels herself getting dragged, her feet under her trying to stop herself from being forced to follow, but it's a useless attempt. They are stronger than her, by a lot.

She is pushed to her knees and her head hits the metal deck harshly, making her vision dizzy from the impact her head has already gotten.

"Quaritch, we got another, you want her with the other two?" The avatar that just pushed her to the ground asks.

Esmyrie tries to crawl away, seeing many dead humans around her, and with them, guns, but she gets kicked in the gut at her attempt.

The man, Quaritch, walks over to them, and Esmyrie sends him a glare, baring her teeth at the avatar. The man however doesn't seem scared by her threats, and crouches down towards her, grabbing her queue tightly, forcing her head up to be level with him.

"Damn, did quite the number on her already." Quaritch pokes his free hand at the wound on her forehead, making Esmyrie jerk back.

"Found her, the Sully's sons, and Spider trying to escape. Think we got a good shot on one of them." A male avatar speaks up.

Esmyrie sees how the mans expression changes from loss to pride. He looked like he was accepting the losing battle, but whatever the avatar just said seemed to make him cheer up, as if he had just heard great news.

"You hear that, princess? One of your friends got shot." Quaritch now speaks in Na'vi, knowing the words will sting the girl.

Esmyrie bites her lip harshly. She wouldn't believe his words. She won't believe his words. Not when she was so sure she saved Neteyam, not when she believed her sacrifice would be worth it.

"I'm not your princess, asshole." Esmyrie grits out, her queue getting tugged tightly at her words.

"She's sure sassy, I can see why one of the boys would like that. Say, how would you feel if I killed your mate? Huh? Would that get you to stop fighting?" Quaritch asks, and the girl lunges at him.

They can threaten with her life all they want, but the moment they bring Lo'ak into this, that's when they made a mistake.

"You touch him. I kill you." Esmyrie hisses out, grabbing at his hand that holds her queue, digging her nails into his arm.