Your Teeth In My Neck (w.a)

Your alarm goes off for the 4th time this morning.

You stir as you force your left arm from underneath your pillow, lifting it toward your nightstand. With your face still smashed into the pillow, you tap your phone screen repetitively with your index finger in hopes to hit the "stop" key and not "snooze" again. The alarm wails on, and you groan aloud in frustration at your inability to do this with ease. Suddenly, rapid, and light stomps rummage across the nightstand. You feel a flick to your finger, and the alarm ceases.

"Thanks, Thing," you let out a sigh of relief.

You give a thumbs up as you retract your arm and let it dangle from the side of the bed.

"You really got to get a handle on that alarm sooner, it's so loud," Yoko whines, shuffling in her bed across the room.

"I know, I know," you say as you raise yourself up on your hands, letting out a faint moan. It feels like the weight of a thousand men is forcing you to stay down. After overcoming your imaginary weight, you turn over, sitting upright with your eyes closed.

You rocked a bit, still trying to wake. Your body was just as unresponsive as your brain while the darkness tried to pull you back into your slumber. You hear rhythmic taps of impatience coming from your nightstand, you simply tilt your head towards the noise, "Yes, Thing?"

The tapping gets louder and more aggressive. You reiterate with agitation staining your voice, still with your eyes shut, "Again, yes, Thing?"

It was as if your mind didn't register that the hand cannot speak back to you. Visual communication and cues were essentials here - you needed to see.

The hand smacks the nightstand out of frustration. You hear a thud and quick stomps across the dorm room floor; the trampling of items as the hand moves swiftly. You hear a chair being drawn and two quick thuds to follow. The ruffling of the curtains followed by erratic movement near the blinds, "What are you doing, Thing?"

The dorm is painted with sunlight.

The rays shot across the room, waking Yoko, and forcing your eyes open. You both hissed; faces scrunched, fangs erected with rage consuming you. The anger was short lived through because you and Yoko's skin begin to smoke and blister. You shield your face using your arms as you flip the covers to get out of bed with haste. Simultaneously, Yoko leapt out of bed, tripping over her covers as she rushed to the bathroom door. You follow her lead, inching to the bathroom.

Yoko enters the bathroom first - shutting the door and locking you out. You brush your shoulder against the door, "Yoko!"

"Deal with your ex-girlfriend's henchman!" She howls. With no time to think as your skin was sure to erupt in flames at any moment, you quickly avert your attention back to your bed. You hurriedly crawl underneath it, pressing your whole body into the shaded area. You sigh at relief of the cold floor as it soothes your skin. Gradually, your blisters lessen in redness but they do not entirely disappear. They would only go away fully if you had a fresh drink of blood, one of the drawbacks to your vampiric nature.

"Shut the fucking blinds, Thing!" You shout as the hand leapt down from the desk. Thing leans on his thumb and pinky waving his index finger, the hand sticks his index finger to the floor aggressively, sternly. The appendage curls into a fist, smacking the floor and pointing at you before returning to his usual stance.

You rapid fire, "Me dumping Wednesday is not a justification for you almost killing me!"

"AND ME!" Yoko adds from behind the door.

"I did what I had to do; you know that." Thing goes palm to the floor, crosses his index and middle finger - splitting them before propping on his wrist, whirling his index finger, pointing it at the sky.