Straightenin' (j.o)*

Currently, you were in NYC tagging along as your wife, Jenna Ortega, continued press for her leading role in Netflix's 'Wednesday'.

The transition from small town fame to big name was exceptionally quick, leaving Jenna in a slew of emotions. But you were a very patient and supportive partner, letting her lead and step into her power. Tact on that Jenna was quite stubborn. She hated the idea of help. However, you were always there to pick her up, reassuring words and gestures. All to make her feel better, and for that, she appreciated you... so much to the point of marriage, but today?!

Oh, today was not one of those days.

Jenna had an attitude from hell, given to her by none other than the devil himself. All day, she went on tangents and was unusually mean to everyone she came into contact with, especially you. Just snapping at you, literally and metaphorically. You didn't understand it. You tried to talk to her, to reassure her, and to provide comfort, but nothing fucking worked. If anything, it just pissed her off more and by nightfall, you were just as irritated as she was.

You were suffocating with her mood swings. You would have all this canned and wrapped up by now, but for some reason, today, your methods  proved fruitless. You didn't know what the problem was and had absolutely no way to deal with it.

Footsteps echoed throughout the hall as your personal brat, stomped through the hotel corridor. You were with her and her parents, wrapping up the shit show that was family dinner. Jenna was walking with her arms crossed while talking to her mother, Natalie. A few feet behind them, you were walking with her father, Edward, in silence.

"This is us," Natalie called out, rummaging her cross bodybag for the room key, "Where's the key?"

"I got it, mi amor," Edward spoke, getting Natalie and your personal brat to turn around while he took the room key from his wallet.

Natalie smiled as he slid beside her, opening the room door, holding it open. You glanced at Jenna, whose body language was hostile. You sighed, rolling your eyes, meeting the gaze of Edward. He pursed his lips as he glared between you and Jenna.

"Goodnight ReeRee," Natalie pulled her daughter into a hug, Jenna reluctantly hugged back. Whatever warmth her mom exhibited put a quick smile on Jenna's face, but the second Natalie pulled away, it dropped.

"Goodnight Mom," her tone plain as she looked to her dad, "Dad."

Edward sent a goofy smile, "Goodnight, we love you." Jenna nodded with an obviously sarcastic smile, giving a thumbs up. You rolled your eyes at her behavior.

Natalie turned to face you. She held her arms out for you, and you stumbled into her warmth. Feeling whatever relief Jenna felt moments ago. You closed your eyes relishing in it, as Natalie rocked you in her hug, "Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, Mom." you sly smiled, pulling away. Before you could even avert your eyes anywhere else, you heard Jenna's feet wandering away.

You exhaled loudly, watching her head to y'all's room. Natalie shook her head, watching Jenna leave. She looked back at you, feeling the tension.

Natalie took your hands in hers, squeezing them, "Be patient with her, please."

"I've been patient all day." You sighed, exhaling in annoyance.

"I know but she'll calm down, give her some time."

"Did she tell you what was wrong with her?" You were desperate, you didn't want to hear anything else.

"Nope," Natalie popped her 'p.' You sighed as Natalie anxiously pulled away. She pat your shoulder, "I love you."

"I love you too.." you mumbled.