Maggie May (j.o)

A brisk prequel to 'Hey Mrs. Angel'

The echoes of heavy rain plastered the streets of Ducatel as Coach and Nick unloaded heavy gunfire. The flashing of each gunshot hardly Illuminating the area.

Nick says, "I think I hear my ex wife."

Thunder cracks.

Jaron squints at the screen, "Y/N mark her if you see her — fuck!"

Through the rain, Nick walks right up to the Witch.

Coach spots the ex-wife, "WITCH!"

🚨 jaronsoscopy has startled the Witch!

The wailing woman, charges at Nick with open arms, claws extended. He runs into the house, Coach follows Nick, shooting the witch. His gunfire on the witch isn't enough to kill her, especially when the fast spawning horde is closing in on him.

He splits from his teammate, the only surviving bot, Rochelle, follows him. Coach is burning through rounds as the infected close in on him. Zombies crowd him, making him stumble, interrupting his shotgun reload.

"Fuck I keep getting hit!" You shouted.

Coach says, "Throwing frag!"

The horde is cleared, but Nick is still fighting the Witch. Rochelle glitches to Nick, Coach searches for ammo.

Coach is startled, "Rochelle... that ain't you girl, is it?"

"Oh my god, where the fuck is she?" Your eyes searched quick.

Coach turns his heel and runs opposite the direction he assumes the witch is. Running right into her. Rochelle screams, "WE GOT A WITCH!"

🚨 y/nplayhouse has startled the Witch!

Coach screams, "Shoot the bitch! — I'm out!"

You groaned, "Witch is keeping me from the damn ammo!"

The horde downs Nick, immediately Coach goes down too. The bot is overwhelmed, eventually going down too.

"Fuck this game man," Jaron scoffed. He tossed his controller aside then slouched on his couch. The 'Left for Death' theme loudly blaring from the TV. He frustratedly shook his head.

"We're never going to beat Hard Rain." You vented, hunching forth. You set the controller at your ankles. "Fuck."

"Those witches are every-fucking-where and it doesn't help that we can't see shit." Jaron ranted with a quick eye roll.

"Literally." You slid in your pocket and retrieved your phone. You checked the time.

"Shit," your eyes widened. You glanced at your best friend, "Ronnie, it's like one in the morning."

He sat up fast, "Six hours passed that quick? Feels like it's been thirty minutes."

You shook your head skimming to your mom's contact, "Do you think your mom would drop me off? I'm certain mine is asleep."

"Hell, mine too."

"What about your dad?"

Jaron dismissed, "He's definitely out. You know he doesn't stay up late unless he has a good reason." He stood up from the couch, stretching his arms. A loud yarn. It was contagious, you yawned too. He turned on his room light, explaining, "One thing my dad won't do is miss sleep."

"Right.. I forget that your dad thinks he's found the fountain of youth." You rolled your eyes. You dialed your mom and put the phone to your ear.

Jaron laughed as he flexed his muscles in the tall mirror, "He lowkey did. Conditioning as an insomniac, I couldn't see my gains, but man... they're on now. Sooner than later, I'll have enough muscle to pull girls for the both of us."