You Belong to Somebody Else (j.o)

A continuation of "YDLR"

You were at fashion week in the City of Lights, at the YSL Menswear Showcase. There were a few hours until the show started, and you had a lot of work to do. The venue had over 600 seats in a single row, snaking the entire space. It was your job to make sure light shined evenly on each of the 600 guests that would fill those seats.

You and your fellow gaffer, Tim, were inside the Bourse de Commerce, the museum where the show would be held, setting up lights.

"I can't believe y'all fucked in a restroom," Tim shook his head, tucking away some cords behind the seats. Y'all were needing to make the clean space, appear more clean; no cords. No trip hazards for the models, or guests.

"I can't believe you know we fucked in a restroom. I'm not a kiss and tell type," you replied, doing the same thing he was, "How'd you know?"

"I saw her go in the bathroom, after you did. Even if I hadn't though, you disappearing whenever we get around her is nothing new."

"What?" You chuckled, "That's not true."

"Shittt," Tim rose his brows, "I had to find you at the Golden Globes After Party, on-set of Finestkind, and whatever red carpet we found ourselves at while y'all were dating. It's true."

You smiled, recalling the many times, you and Jenna snuck off together when y'all were on the same projects. Tim spoke on but you weren't listening; just thinking about Jenna. There wasn't a time where y'all didn't mingle at events, but like before, the Golden Globes was the first time since you two broke up.

Your mind focused back on the convo with Tim, "— Then Percy just walks up to the door, not suspecting anything?"

"Nope, nothing," you added, hoping you picked up where you needed to, "But I mean, Jenna's a good actress."

Tim rose a finger, "Nah, she's a good liar."

You laughed. Tim went on, "Or maybe Percy's just stupid as hell."

"Could be a mixture of both," you stated, having the cords perfectly hidden, "This side's good."

Tim nodded, "I don't know, he seemed hip at the entrance, and same over here."

The two of you walked to another area in the large circular room, continuing your conversation.

"You know she's going to be here tonight? With Percy?" Tim asked, looking at you with his hands tucked in his pockets.

"Yeah, she told me in the restroom." You grinned.

Tim put a hand to your chest, stopping your motion, "Let me guess. You going to try to get her again tonight?"

You shot him a cocky grin, he laughed. Tim continued to stroll, shaking his head, "You gotta get your head out of her ass!"

You laughed when you two reached the spot. Y'all got to work. Bending down, you asked, "Weren't you the one who told me Jenna was still mine?"

Tim shrugged, "Yeah because of what she did that night, but she's still in a relationship, Y/N. You're plotting on somebody's girlfriend."

You shrugged, nonchalantly. Tim ranted, cheerfully, "You know me, I'm all for poor decisions and upsetting people, but I'm worried about you. There's so much more ass in the world, and you're passing it all up for Jenna!"

"So?"

Tim smacked his teeth, putting his hands on his hip, "So?"

You showed your palms, "Yeah, what's wrong with me picking Jenna?"