Stalker (j.o)

"Mommy," a little person called out, sprinting through the day care.

"Jacks," Jenna smiled widely, squatting down. She held her arms open as her daughter, Jacqueline, collided into her arms. The two squeezed each other in a hug, closing their eyes tightly.

"I missed you," Jacqueline snuggled into her mother's neck.

"I missed you," Jenna pulled away, poking her daughter's nose. Jacqueline giggled up a storm, "Are you ready to go?"

Jacqueline nodded excitedly as she left to gather her stuff.

Jenna stood up, wiping her hands on her thighs, letting out a sigh. Her eyes wondered the room of parents and the interactions of the families. They all stood there happy, boyfriends with girlfriends, girlfriends with girlfriends, boyfriends with boyfriends, the whole nine, all admiring their young ones; just good, old-fashioned family love.

Jenna clasped her hands together, anxiously shifting her foot. She came in alone to pick up her kid, and that ate her alive. She remembered how she messed up only 2 years ago with her life partner, Jacqueline's other mother, you.

"Why are you upset with me?! You know I need this, and more importantly, right now, I need your support," Jenna explained, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she packed her luggage.

You shut her suitcase once she went into the closet, "I've supported you through this whole thing."

"Support me more!" she shouted from the closet.

"I mean I get it: you took some time off, due to the pregnancy and it's been a few months, and you want to get back into the groove of things but this? This isn't it, Jenna!"

"Eight months will pass in no-time, and I'll be back here. Please, I just need your support here, okay?" Jenna swatted your hand away, opening the suitcase back to proceed packing. You exhaled.

"Jenna, you're going to Romania. You're going to miss her first birthday, her first steps, all that – to shoot a show? That you didn't even tell me you signed on for?" you yelled, perplexed.

"I knew if I told you, you'd fight me on it. Exactly how you're doing right now," Jenna stormed out of their bedroom, into the connected bathroom.

"So, you wait until the last minute?!" You threw your hands up, as she returned stuffing more stuff into her suitcase. The baby monitors echoed Jacqueline's whimpers. It would be no-time until she got get riled up.

"Could you please?" Jenna shot her eyes at you, motioning for the baby, "I need to pack."

You shook your head, approaching her, taking her hand in yours, "Jenna, could you please not go?"

Jacqueline starts wailing on the monitor.

Jenna snatched away from you, and you followed her out of the bedroom. You continued to argue about Jenna's sudden decision. Jenna came into the baby's room and reached for Jacqueline.

"Calm down, Mommy's here." Jenna picked her up and pat her back, trying to soothe her. Jacqueline cried on and Jenna kissed Jacqueline's forehead. You came in and stared at your girlfriend and daughter. You didn't speak, you just made a bottle. Jenna remained quiet, as she watched you, planting kisses on y'alls babygirl.

Once you finished, Jenna didn't hesitate to ask, "Could you?"

"Yeah, I got it," you shook the bottle approaching with a grin to your daughter, "Hey, Jacks, you hungry?