Appreciation (t.c)*

You and your girlfriend, Tara Carpenter, entered her apartment. With your hands interlocked, she guided you inside, speaking loudly, "Quinn's got class and Sam is at work."

"What does that mean?" You chuckled, standing off to the side of her as she turned the many locks on the front door.

She stepped out of her sneakers and hooked her backpack on the rack as did you, smirking, "Sexy time."

Tara then snatched your hand and quickly dragged you to her bedroom. Once inside, Tara spun you and pushed you onto her bed. "Whoa! Are you going to feed me first?" You exclaimed as she shook her head before throwing on a huge grin.

You sat up, unzipping your hoodie and tossing it aside. You titled your head at her, "Why you looking at me like that?"

Tara excitedly remarked, "I got a new lingerie set, and I'm excited for you to see it."

"Ooo, describe it to me." You said with a smile.

Tara took a half step to her dresser, explaining, "It's red —"

"Spicy."

"It's crotch less —"

"Kinky."

Tara giggled, with her hand on her dresser handle. "And it's a one-piece."

"A one piece?" You rubbed the bridge of your nose, "Another one?"

Tara raised her shoulders, whining, "What? You haven't seen it yet. Give it a chance."

You rolled your eyes, "Baby, every lingerie you get is a one-piece. When will you get something else?"

Tara crossed her arms, pouting, "You know why I don't get other ones."

You dropped your head, "Tara, my beloved."

She rambled, "You know I'm really insecure about my scars. I don't want you to think any less of me..."

"Tara, I've seen them before."

"Yes, the first time we had sex, but you freaked out. You thought something was wrong with my skin!"

You justified, surrendering, "I think anybody having sex in the dark would panic feeling unusual things."

"Unusual?" Tara frowned. You shut your eyes, mentally cursing yourself.

"I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry." You apologized quickly and Tara focused on her wooden floor.

"Tara, look at me." She glanced at you. You went on, "I really want to appreciate your body, and see it for all its glory. Can we please not use the one piece?"

"Then I'm only taking off my pants." She muttered.

"Tara." You long blinked in disbelief.

Tara stepped away from her dresser back to the center of the floor. Your eyes watched as your babygirl, mentally drifted away .

Tara and her scars were a running theme in your six month romance with her. She had never allowed herself to be naked, out of fear of you reacting crazily again. Your initial reaction made her more self-conscious and no matter how many times, you tried to strip her down to nothing — Tara didn't oblige.