Storm Chaser (v.c)*

The silver-lined sky was in an intense sweat as it raced the small surges of electricity. The wind of the competitors almost blew people away. Thunder sounded, a reminder that the heavy rain was still coming in first place.

A small scream escaped the mouth of your girlfriend, Vada Cavell, as you too were racing through the overflowing puddles of the parking lot. Flying up the stairs with a duffel, you stuffed your key into the keyhole, swiftly making it inside.

"I can't believe you made me stand in the rain for a video," Vada proclaimed, entering your apartment. She was outfitted in a large yellow raincoat and black shoe covers.

You turned the locks of your apartment, chuckling, "At least we did it together."

You placed your bag down, quickly peeling out of your camouflage raincoat and black shoe covers. Your fit was lazy, a tracksuit. Vada unfastened her jacket, revealing her signature; sneakers, basketball shorts and an oversized shirt. She quipped, stepping out of her sneakers, "You'd better make a million dollars for my pain and suffering!"

"What pain and suffering?" You set your sneakers along side hers. She hung up your jacket and her own, swiping both sets of shoe covers aside.

Vada answered quickly, "Me almost getting blown away on an empty stomach." She then rushed into your kitchen, going into the pantry. "Clearly you hate me and want me to die."

You snatched up your bag of camera equipment and strolled to your room, passing her by. You laughed with your voice echoing through the hallway, "Girl, maybe your empty stomach is why you almost got blown away. I told you to eat before we left."

Vada silently mocked you before shutting the pantry door, having decided on the superior noodles — instant Ramen cup noodles.

You entered your bedroom setting your equipment down again, taking off your hoodie and hanging it on your desk chair. You kneeled, unzipping the duffel and impatiently rummaging through it. You retrieved your video camera and usb cable. Items in hand, you slipped into your swivel chair.

You went into a series of tasks; resulting in your desktop reflecting an editing screen, an SD card attached to the adapter, and your camera being on charge. You clucked your tongue as you started to cut and clean up the imported videos.

You were going to upload it to your storm-chasing YouTube channel.

A few minutes into the process, Vada entered your bedroom loudly slurping her noodles. Chewing through her sentence, she plopped on your bed and commented, "Whoa, you work fast."

You glanced over your shoulder, a smile spreading, "Gotta be first! I'm sure all the chasers in Cali are covering this storm!"

Vada raised the cup higher to avoid the excess splashing as she smacked. "Hmm."

You clicked away with your mouse, going on a  passionately tangent, "The news will cover this storm and they'll need footage, so they'll source from YouTube. I'll have what we captured all edited and watermarked ready to be picked, and then boom, the footage'll be on TV...I'll get more views on my videos which means more money and no need to slave away at the theater."

"Sounds foolproof."

"Only if I get my videos up first." You replied, lifting your finger surely.

Vada giggled, twirling noodles on her fork. She asked, "So do you like.. plan on making a career out of being a storm chaser?"

"I don't know, maybe. I like looking death in the face and living to tell the tale." You spun to face her, gesturing grandly, "It's exciting."

Vada rose a brow, freezing from chewing, "Exciting ...to almost die?"