Adolescent Soulmate (j.o)

You are a college freshman at your desired university in California. Your first year was off to a great start: your grades were A1, you managed to make many friends, and joined as many clubs as you could get your hands on. Your immersion into college life was so grand that it was noticed by your peers and faculty alike. You got a seat on the Student Activity Council for your active involvement. Eventually, your popularity on campus granted you access to attend seminars, events, and meetings typically reserved for upperclassmen only.

It was at one of the many seminars that you managed to meet a mildly popular actress named Jenna Ortega. She was a year younger than you, and still in high school, but for some odd reason - she found herself at your university to empower young adults and encourage career engagement.

Perhaps it was her extensive acting resume or Disney childhood stardom that put her in the same room as you, but you couldn't help but admire the young lady.

Y'all were similar in the sense of getting through doors designed to keep you out.

"Can we all give Jenna a round of applause?" Your dean asked before bringing their hands together. The students clapped as the small latina shrunk in her seat, smiling nervously. She nodded as your students went into a bit of an uproar at her cuteness; terrifying the girl a bit and causing the dean to calm the students down.

"That was a lot," the dean commented with a smile, "we don't want to scare her from coming back, guys."

The dean directed his attention to Jenna, whom giggled at the comment before teasing, "It's a bit too late, I already texted my manager." The students laughed at her, as the dean playfully held his chest in heartache.

You admired the girl as the dean went into closing remarks for the seminar. You stared, capturing every single feature she possessed, in absolute awe. Her long black hair, her punctures whenever she smiled, her viscous plump lips, smooth tanned skin.

Suddenly, your shoulder is bumped. Your trance is broken as you turn to face your upperclassman friend, Jada.

"I know that look," she eyed you and returned her attention to the panel. You scrunched your face knowing where she was going before she went.

"Not you falling in love with a high schooler." She teased, "A child with an adult?"

You rubbed the bridge of your nose, defending, "Don't say it like that, we're a year apart."

Jada chuckled, "Already ready to go to war for her? It's only been an hour and a half."

You scoffed, adjusting in your seat to ease your bodily tension. Jada glared at you; she chuckled at your discomfort.

Jada pat your knee, "It's okay, R Kelly, you don't have to fight it."

You shot her a glare as you swat her hand from your knee. You wagged your finger, "You're out of line."

Jada nudged with a smile spread across her face, "So are you." You laughed a bit.

You smacked your teeth, shaking your head, "Have I ever told you that I hate you?"

"You only hate people you love," Jada justified with an innocent shrug. You giggled.

You knew Jada was teasing you about the whole ordeal, and would happily support you if you chose to be involved with the young latina. Hell, Jenna was only seventeen, and you were eighteen. No harm, no foul, right?

You were in line to exit the room of the seminar. Students got the opportunity to selfie with Jenna and get an autograph on the way out. Just as you neared the young lady, Jada whipped her phone out, as she looked herself over in the phone camera.