Attention

Requested by the lovely lawandlevi !
Pls go check out their work!! It's one of my fave Levi x Reader one-shot books
T-T
════════════════════════════
Captain Y/N has shown great effort with her valiant efforts to aid the Scouts, and this doesn't go unnoticed by Captain Levi.
Set on finding a way to compliment her efforts, despite his usually indifference, Levi might first fight for her ever sought after attention.
════════════════════════════
SFW, Jealous!Levi
════════════════════════════

"Another day, another meeting."

Levi sighed. As much as he prioritized the safety and well being of the Corps, these weekly meetings were growing tiring. Not to mention, time consuming. How many reports he could finish within this time, how many cups of tea could have been made....Yet here they were, once more going over old information with nothing new to show for their endeavors.

"...And so I should ask of you all once more; Does anyone have anything to add?" Commander Erwin finished from the head of the mahogany table they all sat around.

After a moment of murmuring amongst the group, Y/N, a fellow captain in the corps, leaned forward and raised a hand confidently.
Erwin nodded to her, allowing her to proceed.

"Pardon me if I misunderstood, but if I understand correctly, you mean to set four squads into two teams to scout the southern section of the forrest five hundred meters south of Shiganshina?" Y/N spoke slowly.

"That would be correct, Captain Y/N." Erwin confirmed.

"If I may suggest, shouldn't we have each separate squad enter both north and south of the forrest to track the titan's numbers and movements more efficiently? I understand spreading our numbers so thin is a risk within itself, but if this is merely an observation expedition, I should think we would need as many eyes in as many places as possible to calculate the titan's activity more accurately. We have flare signal guns and acoustic rounds; we can easily alert nearby teams to imminent dangers." Y/N spoke quicker as the excitement of her own idea spurred her on.

For a moment, the room was silent as everyone absorbed her words. Levi was left speechless at her revelation.

Why didn't I think of that? he wondered.
Immediately, his respect and awe for her increased. Though, if he were honest with himself, he wasn't sure how she could continue to surprise him so. After all these years working alongside her team out in the wilderness, her cleverness never ceased to amaze Levi.

Finally, Erwin stood, his deep blue eyes trained souly on Y/N.

"Y/N....I think you may be onto something here. Keeping my men alive is, of course, one of my first concerns. But your strategy seems to be the more logical one. I think we should bring this to the attention of our comrades in Rose and Sina for further verification, but you have my respect and admiration for such cleverness." Erwin smiled brightly at the younger Captain.

Y/N's eyes grew large at her Commander's words, which seemed to irk Levi slightly. Though he agreed full heartedly with Erwin's words, he couldn't help but feel aggravated with the man's presentation.

"So you're telling me we've spent weeks in here plotting our next expedition, when we could have asked Y/N for the perfect solution from the very beginning?" Captain Mike chuckled in disbelief from across the table from where Levi sat.
"Y/N, you could have saved us hours of time with this!"

Y/N blushed in embarrassment.
"Well, I've been thinking about this event ever since our first meeting a couple weeks ago, and this morning it finally clicked in my head, so I thought I'd share it," she modestly admitted.