Headcannon no. 10

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Mood Swings
════════════════════════════

• Poor Levi had no idea what he was getting into when he plucked up the courage to ask you to be his.

• Don't get me wrong he doesn't regret it one bit.

• He's just a little...confused?

• He woke up at your side as per usual, stretching and groaning as his poor joints popped. He sat up, ready to start his day the moment he reached consciousness.

• But you?

• The groan of frustration first cued him in on your consciousness, but the near growl that followed when he swept the covers off your form?

He wondered if he should be worried. Or scared. Or both.

• He'd shake you the rest of the way awake after giving you a good ten minuets to rest longer, only to be met with your sleepy smile as you yawned.

• Thinking not much of it after this, he continued to go about his day.

• While getting ready to head down to the mess hall for a quick breakfast before training began, he noticed you were clingier than usual.

• Chalking it up to not wanting to turn in for work, (no one did) he just shrugged you off with a reminder that you both had to get going.

• And just like that, he received the silent treatment for the next hour.

• He tried in vain to understand it, but those pouty looks you threw him from across the training ground only furthered his confusion.

• "Y/N, babe. What's going on with you today?"

• "Me? Why are you being so...so...rude?"

•  "Rude?" He'd ask in astonishment. Sure, he was rude to damn near everyone, but never you. He could never bring himself to be.

•  "You pushed me away this morning when I clearly wanted a hug," You'd scoff, trying to conceal your pout.

•  "Honey, you were holding onto me for the entire time it took me to get ready for the morning. You were getting your hug."

• "Well, you didn't hug me back," you'd state in a louder tone before storming off.

• He thought about stopping you, but decided against it. Maybe you needed some space?

• Oh, how wrong he was.

• Hearing his office door creak open, he peered up from his desk to see you standing there in the doorway, hugging your arms and shifting your gaze all across the room.

• "Yes, darling?" He'd ask slowly, not wanting to trigger anything in you.

•  "Why are you avoiding me? Is it because I got mad? I-I just wanted a hug and..."

• He'd catch on to the way your bottom lip quivered slightly and your watery gaze never met his. Sighing softly to himself, he stood and made his way over to you to envelope you in a hug.

•  "I'm not sure what's been going on lately. Well, the past couple weeks...But I wasn't avoiding you. I was just waiting for my happy girlfriend to come back."

•  " 'Happy girlfriend'?"

•  "Yeah, my happy one. Seems I'm dating twenty women instead of one. So I was waiting for her to come back. Seems right now I have the sad one, though."

• Boi learned real fucking quick to tread lightly when you got emotional and needed support, less he'd sport a red handprint on his cheek to match the one he currently wore.

• But by god he learned. And since coming to this understanding, his relationship with you would be such a healthy one. For both of you. He'd learn to quell his sass, and you'd learn to verbally communicate your moods as you felt them.