Tease

═══════════════════════════
You'd never been the best with expressing your emotions, and this certainly didn't exclude the way you showed your affections towards those you cared about.
By the time you were announced Captain and given your own squad to lead, you'd been forced to work more closely with your other fellow Captains. Namely, your long time crush; Levi.
When it came to approaching him, you weren't quite so...formal.
Or charming. But it didn't matter to him, it seemed.
═══════════════════════════
SFW, enemies-to-lovers, mild suggestive themes
═══════════════════════════

This was it. Today was the day.

Tying your hair up tight, you took in a deep breath and prepared yourself to open those looming doors before you. Their silence seemed to mock you, with how fast your mind was racing lately.

Recently, you'd been promoted to Captain, and given the responsibility to choose the members of your own squad. You'd done so a week prior, but today was the day you would officially act as their Captain during mandatory training.
Commander Erwin had requested you train with your new squad daily, as it would familiarize the lot of you together, as well as learn to work well as a team during missions outside the walls.

So here you were; jaw clenched and hands shaking at your sides before the doors that led to the mess hall. The plan for today was to grab a quick breakfast with your squad, then lead them out to the training grounds. Following that, you supposed you'd better get used to being in the company of your now fellow Captains.

It wasn't the training that worried you, nor the team bonding exercises you'd preform with your cadets. You weren't even bothered by the long list of responsibilities that shadowed your new position.

No.

What made your palms sweat and your brows furrowed was the idea that you'd be working alongside the other Captain's you'd looked up to for so long. Namely, Captain Levi.

The thought alone of working with him was enough to cause your heart to speed up, both with anxiety and excitement. You'd never been picked to be apart of his squad, but as a cadet you worked alongside his cadets on the field and outside the walls under his command.
What had started out as admiration for the man led to a feeling of butterflies in your gut whenever the two of you chanced to lock eyes. He'd always been so commanding and mission-oriented from the day you met him, but the authoritative aura surrounding him had been what had drawn you further and further in to him.

Although, you'd always known your chances were slim. You didn't quite have a way with words, you'd been informed by friends. The words always came to you; that wasn't is.

Rather, it was how you phrased them, and when you chose to speak them.

More often than not, your words tended to drive others away from your advances. Knowing this, you hadn't dared tried to approach the man; too scared of how far he would push you before you managed to convey you admired him.

Squaring your shoulders, you shook the thoughts from your mind and hardened your gaze in preparation of your soon to be had long day.

═══════════════════════════

"I want you all up in the air, stat. I'll be right behind you," you barked out, a confident smile adorning your face as you looked over your well worked cadets.
They all shouted their understanding, saluting to you before activating their odmg and shooting off into the forrest behind you.