Waylay

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
The stress of the ruse had paid off, for once. Under Captain Levi's guidance, Armin and Jean has successfully lured the merchants into their warehouse where the rest of the squad apprehended them for questioning.

As the last remaining cadet of the original Special Operations Squad, you'd been personally tasked by Levi with scouting the perimeter of the warehouse while he got the answers they needed from the rich men.

But while out on patrol, you catch sight of something you weren't meant to see, leading to your capture...
════════════════════════════
SFW, torture, ends in fluff, S3
════════════════════════════

Sweat dripped down your brow as you sheathed the blades connected to your ODM gear back into the holsters at your hips. You took your time stretching out your arms, legs, and back as Sasha and Mikasa made quick work of tying the two men's arms behind their back with the same scratchy twine the men had used to restrain Armin and Jean previously. Connie checked over the two other boys in the center of the room as they rubbed at their sore wrists and removed heir disguises.

There wasn't much for you to do now but wait as Captain Levi prepared to question the wealthy men about who had hired them for the  (rather poorly done) job of capturing 'Eren' and Christa'.

"L/N, come here a second."

Your Captain's sudden call shook you from your thoughts as you turned on your heel and jogged over towards him.

"Captain," you greeted softly, chancing a glance to the man tied at his feet. Disgust crawled up your throat from your stomach just looking at the man who'd mistaken Armin as Christa and attempted to satisfy his own perverted desires on the boy. Thought he'd never gotten that far, you'd still never forgive the man.

"I need you to patrol the perimeter of the warehouse. It's by no chance we got this far without having been apprehended." Levi muttered, sparing you a glance over.

"I need eyes out there, until I can survey myself." Levi continued, giving you a hard stare.

Saluting him quickly, you turned on your heel to do just as he requested of you. But before you could, a thin hand clamped around your shoulder. Freezing, you glanced down at the hand on your shoulder and met the owner's eye.

Levi stared hard into your eyes, his gaze never wavering. "Stay close. No more than thirty yards from the building at all times. The second something seems off, you report it back to me immediately. Understood?"

The look in his eye concerned you slightly. It looked as though he worried about something you couldn't quite see just yet. But you were quick to shake the thought from your mind.

You nodded to him, your eyes shining with determination. "Will do, Captain."

For a moment he stalled, staring down at his feet. "Levi. Just Levi to you, when we have moments of privacy like this," he murmured, only meeting your eye for a second before turning on his heel.

Feeling heat rise to your cheeks, you could only hum in acknowledgment before taking off. There's been an unspoken relation blossoming between the two of you for some time now, but neither of you dared addressing it just yet. Not while so much was at stake. So instead of dwelling too long on the way he interacted so softly with you in moments of privacy, you forced the thought to the back of your mind until you could find the time to sit and think on it for awhile.

Anchoring your hooks into the nearest wall, you stop up towards an open window and up onto the roof high above. You had to shield your eyes against the light of the sun after having been in the dark warehouse for awhile. After a moment you let your hand fall down to your side as you looked over the area.