Bold Statments

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
As the war came to an end, Levi could finally find the time to just sit and rest; alone and unbothered.

Or at least, he had dared to assume so.

As if he didn't have enough racing through his exhausted mind, having you plop down beside him and spout off your feelings gives him even more to think about.
════════════════════════════
SFW, fluff, finale spoilers!, language
════════════════════════════

As the air cleared of smoke and dust, you were finally able to take in deep breaths to fill your aching lungs. It burned, sure, but at this point the burn was welcoming. It distracted you, if only for a moment, of the way your joints ached and groaned with overexertion and slowed the racing of your mind.

Picking yourself back up, you looked around your immediate surroundings with weary eyes. You'd made it. Against all odds, you'd survived.

I'm alive?

I'm alive...

I'm...alive.

Nothing but that train of thought kept you sane as you walked sluggishly among the rubble from the war. Unconsciously you registered movement all around you, but really you never saw a thing. The shock of being alive was what powered every step you took. Where were you going? You really hadn't the faintest idea. Still trapped in a daze you could only think of one thing.

I made it out alive...

Just as suddenly as you had started, you stopped dead in your tracks near a particularly large boulder marring the ground.

I'm alive...but what about him?

With newfound purpose you picked back up your pace and squinted your eyes to peer at every shape you saw moving about the hazy war zone.

Seeing someone slump to the ground a ways ahead of you, you drug your feet in that direction. Seeing a familiar tuff of inky black hair, you sighed in relief just behind him. Before he could turn over his shoulder to peer at you with his one good eye, you'd already plopped yourself down at his side with a grunt.

"Levi," you grunted tiredly.

He merely shot you a look out of the corner of his eye, too tired to even face you.

"Brat."

Snorting a breath through your nose in place of a laugh, you rested your head against the bounder at both your backs. Looking him over quickly, you grinned.

"You look like shit."

"Yeah? Could say the same for you, but that's not entierly true."

You stared at him inquisitively, waiting for him to answer. Realizing you were staring, he let out an exasperated sigh.

"I've never seen a titan as ugly as yours. Glad you're back to being human."

"Damn Cap, that's rude." You broke out in a quick laugh. Thinking it over for only half a second, if that, you stretched out on the ground and slid your head over onto his shoulder. He flinched at first, but lacked the physical or mental energy necessary to shove you off.

A moment of silence overcame the two of you while you fiddled with your shirt sleeves, watching Levi out of the corner of your eye as he merely stared off into space.

"That boulder kinda looks like a sheep, from a distance," you suddenly blurted out. Again Levi sighed, finally looking over at you once again.

"We just saved the damn world. Would it kill you to sit in silence to enjoy it for a moment?" He asked tiredly.

"Yeah...Yeah it would," you reply quietly. "Silence is great and all, but after everything today, I just want company. For awhile. Hell, maybe forever."

Levi raised a brow, turning back to stare off at the cloudy horizon as he contemplated your words. Indeed after everything, being left alone sounded far worse than getting up and moving on. So for now, he allowed it.

You both knew he didn't detest your presence. For years now, you'd both come to rely on one another, in one way or another. To have you alive and well at his side through it all was something Levi considered a blessing. Even if you liked to talk far more often than he did. It was amusing for the both of you.

"Yknow, Levi..." You trailed off, looking up at him from his shoulder. "We've fought so hard, and for so long. We deserve some peace and tranquility."

"I had that before you started yapping." Levi scoffed, but only half heartedly.

"I've been thinking..." you trailed off, completely ignoring his comment.

"That's a first. I suppose you're gonna tell me all about it, too."

"I am," you replied cheerfully, lifting your head to look him dead in the eye. "Yknow, we're one of the few original Scouts left. We should get married. Run off into the sunset. Start a new life."

Levi nearly choked on his own spit. As it was, his eyes went comically wide and a slight blush adorned what of his face you could see through the bandages.

"M-married?" he managed to choke out.

"Yeah, married. I could be your wife, you could be my husband. So what do you say? You wanna get married when we get back?" you asked with a grin, reaching out to ruffle his hair playfully.

Levi stared at you as though you'd suddenly transformed into a titan again, eyes wide and lips slightly parted in surprise. After a brief moment he managed to compose himself, clearing his throat and nervously looking away.

"You're skipping a few parts, brat. You don't just ask someone to marry you right off the bat like that."

"Well I may not have a ring right now, but why not? We've known eachother for years; we can count that as dating. We've lived together both in HQ and while on the run; we can count that as engagement." You rattled off lightheartedly. But with the look in your eyes mirroring his, you both secretly knew you meant every word you spoke.

Surprisingly, Levi seemed to be considering your question. As he mulled it over, you took the time to really admire his features as you wondered what he could possibly be thinking at this moment. Finally, he daringly met your eye once more. Nearly holding your breath in anticipation, you blushed at the sight of a small smirk starting to adorn his lips.

"Firstly; traditionally, I should be asking you that question. Secondly; your boldness never ceases to surprise me, brat. Even after all this time. But I suppose it's endearing in some weird, fucked up way. Thirdly...I'll think about it, Y/N."