Priorities

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Being Corporal Levi's Lieutenant was a demanding job. As well as being his second in command, you doubled as his personal assistant.
Though you were always up for the job, sometimes it was tough.

But not as thought as keeping the two of your's relationship behind closed doors and away from prying eyes.

One particular expedition gone wrong might just being to light a side of Levi the Scouting Regimen hasn't seen before; the one that only you get to.
════════════════════════════
SFW, angst-to-fluff, Lieutenant!Reader
════════════════════════════

Typically, you preferred to go through your warm up routine before sparring. Stretching, running a couple laps, exercising your legs to ensure flexibility; the usual.

But today, you didn't get that luxury.

Landing on your ass for the third time in twenty minuets, you huffed a sigh of frustration.

The hell is his problem?

"Get up, L/N." A bored tone called down to you.

Brushing the dirt off your rear, you pulled yourself to your feet and tried your best to keep your expression neutral. Levi paced closer to you, arms folded across his chest and his brow furrowed.

"Your stance isn't steady, so you keep falling on your ass. How many more time do I have to knock you down before you realize this?" he continued.

Slowly bringing your arms up to salute him, you met his steely gaze.

"Yeah yeah, sorry sir," you muttered. Typically, backtalk or anything of the such wouldn't be tolerated, but you were an exception. A fact that still baffled the rest of the Special Operations Squad.

Rolling his eyes, he turned his attention to the small group watching your matches.

"That's enough for today. Clean up and get down to the mess hall."

"Sir!" his squad responded with salutes of their own, and were quick to follow his orders.

Petra stalled for a moment, shooting you a concerned look over her shoulder before she followed after the others. She was a sweet girl, you thought. She's come to you many times about her concerns for the way your Captain treated you, but you'd always reassured her that you and Levi simply just butted heads more often than not.

Once they were gone, you sighed and threw a look over at your Captain.

"Yknow, if you'd have let me warm up first, those fights would have ended differently."

"You think on the field you'll have time to stretch your pretty legs before you fly after a titan's nape?" He responded, but this time his tone wasn't so harsh.

"What's up your ass?" You grinned, stepping closer to him.

"Your attitude," he smirked ever so slightly. He looked you up and down quickly, then glanced around your surroundings. You two were alone on the training grounds. His posture relaxed slightly as he reached out to fix some of your lose hairs.

"You know I push you because I want to see you succeed," he stated softly.

"I know, Lee. I know," you smiled back, taking his hand out of your hair and into your own. "I'm starting to think your 'reverse physiology' isn't working, though."

"What do you mean?" He raised a single brow as he squeezed your hand and slowly led you back to the entrance of HQ.

"Acting harder on me to hide the fact you love me. It's just drawing us more attention." You shrugged.