Hearcannon no. 11

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
ADHD
════════════════════════════

•  At first, he really couldn't understand what qualified you as a reliable soldier to humanity.

• But after working near you; both fresh out of boot camp, and then later outside the walls, he started to understand.

•  While your attentjon seemed to come and go on matters both huge and small, in the best and the worst of timing, he saw how close of attention you paid to every little detail. Even if it was forgotten for a short time until it became useful to you.

• He grew to admire these attributes, slowly but surly growing accustomed to your mannerisms and the charm that came with your accidental inattentiveness. This eventually sparked a friendship, and after some time, feelings.

• When he proposed the idea of his growing affections to you after some time to think, he'd have expected your reaction to be simple; either shocked or joyed.

• He wasn't at all expecting your distracted response.

•  "Well yeah, I knew that. I just figured I'd wait till you said something. But also it's cause I forgot to tell you that I knew."

• You were refreshing to him, in some way.

• He realized he could tell you the same story twice and watch your face light up in amusement if you had forgotten the tale.

• Though he might see it as incompetent from others, he appreciated the way you'd sometimes forget to lace a strap on your uniform, or simply became too distracted to finish the job. This always enabled him to fix it for you with the excuse to double check your safety and be nearest to you.

• The times your emotions got the better of you, regardless your reaction, helped remind him that it was okay for him to feel things, too. And in this way, he could talk it out with you and vise versa. After some time of this, it drastically reduced his stress.

• Whenever you would disassociate or zone out, it gave him the opportunity to really study and admire you; as well as to have a moment's break from how long you'd been going over the topic at hand. He'd never admit it if you ever zoned back into reality and caught him, but he adored examining your side profile when you'd cut yourself off from a conversation you'd been having. It was endearing, really.

• Your occasional mood swings gave him entertainment at times, as well. Not that he would ever laugh at your expense, but watching you go from bouncing off the walls with excitement to kicking your feet through the grass with a scowl always kept him on his toes. Something he really appreciated, as being complacent in any way bothered him.

• Your relationship with Levi constantly kept him curious and observant. He was never bored, never forced into a repetitive loop of events. With you, every day had a new adventure.

• Whether that adventure was ensuring your saftey and reminding you to maintain your health on a daily basis, or listening to you ramble on over one of your hyper-fixations in the earliest hours of the morning when you decided sleep could wait. And decided for him that he could do the same.

• He would always pretend to be disgruntled by it all, but the way he stared into your eyes with such adoration and excitment rimming his irises behind closed doors told you all you needed to know.

• You made him worry about things he's never considered before, opening his mind to new topics and ways of doing things. And he wouldn't change that for anything.

• His fellow veteran associates would catch him with his hand on the small of your back to protectively walk you from one side of the room towards the other, or tying up your hair for you on the field when you'd forgotten a band for yourself.

• He was always prepared, but now that he was with you he took many more precautions. And it made him feel useful to you, no matter how big or small his gestures were.

• Levi was always an attentive man, but your ADHD now had him conditioned to be even more so.

• He saw it as a challenge some days, always watching and guarding your six. But he loved a good challenge, and always rose to the occasion without any prompt.

• ADHD and all, Levi's devotion to you would grow stronger than any attachment he had to anything else. You made his protective side come out, yet softened him all the same with your adorable antics. Through every struggle, he was there to support and help.

• You were his favorite challenge; his favorite investment.