Miscommunications

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Marriage was something you'd read so often about in your youth. It was a beautiful thing you hoped to one day experience. You longed for the day you find him; Mister Right.

Luckily you'd found him, Corporal Levi.

But marriage wouldn't magically solve the way your two's personalities sometimes clashed. To do that, you'd have to talk.
════════════════════════════
SFW, Married!Reader, cannon-verse, slightly suggestive themes
════════════════════════════

Married life was something you'd never imagined you could obtain. It had been a dream of yours since childhood; you'd always wanted to walk down the aisle towards the man of your dreams dressed in all white; just like in all the stories you'd grown up reading about.

But years later, while in the Survey Corps, you knew this simply just wasn't possible.

Not only was death knocking on everyone's door the moment the gates opened for their expeditions, but...there weren't a lot of suitors.

You might not have been picky but...damn.

So after some time, you'd given up looking for or seeking out any kind of romantic relationship while the Corps were still around to defend the people of Paradis.

That is, until the day you happened to meet Levi.

What had first started out as forced comradeship on the battle field, soon turned to a mutual respect for one another as you worked side by side over the many weeks spent out in titan territory together. And from there, your connection to him blossomed into one of friendship, which eventually led to a not-so-secret crush on your end. Little did you know them, he had begun to recognize he felt the same way about you that you did about him. It took some time, but after awhile he finally accepted he couldn't avoid his emotions any longer.

By the time he had gathered the courage to finally ask you out, you'd both been enlisted for over a year. But you couldn't have been happier when he stuttered out the question to you.

"W-would you kind, maybe...Grab some tea after this? Maybe...T-together?"

Your love had been a whirlwind of emotions; good moments and bad sprinkled in between every milestone you passed with him at your side. But ups and downs were to be expected in new relationships, you knew.

From the first time you held hands, to the first "I love you"s, to the first time his bedroom door locked behind you as he led you towards his bed. You'd been over the moon with joy though it all.

Despite all the love you had for him, there were days you questioned wether he fully trusted you or not. He was always so silent, so reserved. He'd opened up to you a great deal, but you knew there were still some things left unsaid on his part. While you respected his wishes to not speak his mind at all times as you did, it still left a corner of doubt in your mind some days.

Until the fateful day he dropped down onto one knee in front of you a year into your relationship, you'd begun to wonder if he even felt as strongly for you as you did him.

Immediately, all your worries melted away the moment you walked up that isle towards the alter, taking his hands in yours as a ring was slipped onto your finger.

Well, almost all worries.

There were times throughout your married life where you felt he was keeping things from you. Not an affair, you knew. You trusted him with everything you were, he would never do something so heinous.