Family

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
It seems three years was all the time it took for you and your husband to fully embrace your new lives together.

After the war, you were finally able to just focus on the two of you rather than possible impending dooms around every corner. And you couldn't have been more grateful for the break. Engagement, marriage, conception and childbirth were all things you never imagined you'd have the luxury to experience with Levi, but after finding out you were pregnant with your second child, the reality of it all became oh so sweeter. 

But eight months into the second journey, you learn that sometimes you do still need some help from your lover. And Levi is happy to provide.
════════════════════════════
SFW, fluff, post finale war, pregnancy, marriage, parenting stress
════════════════════════════

"Mama!"

The drawn out cry made you sigh. Not in annoyance. Never, in annoyance. Rather, it was a sigh of your ever growing fatigue. Staggering to your feet, you stood from the couch with a labored breath and turned to face your daughter with a careful smile.

"Yes, Kuchel?" You asked softly. No matter how tired you became, nor how round your belly grew, you'd always have the energy to tend to your daughter's ever growing list of demands.

Kuchel raced about the living room, giggling happily as she babbled on about something or another that had prompted her to gain your attention. You couldn't help but wearily smile; just where did she get all this energy from? And where could you find some?

With a hand in your belly to support the weight, you grunted as you crouched down to your knees to catch your daughter as she raced closer to you than the child suspected she had. With a shrill cry that stung your ears, she flopped around haphazardly in your arms once you nabbed her.

"Wanna go see papa!" Kuchel cried out in a mixture of laughter and whining. Heaving a sigh, you prepared yourself to remind her, once again, that her father away still away at work.

"Honey, daddy's still at the tea shop. He should be back in only an hour!" You cheered her on, hoping your joyous tone would distract her from the fact her perception of time was all but nonexistent.

"An hour?!" she pouted, shooting you a look from under her unruly black curls. Silver eyes pouted up at you from your lap, making you smile at the resemblance that mirrored her father's.

"I know baby, I know. We just have to be patient, yeah? When daddy gets home, you can greet him at the door. But no jumping, you hear? We can't have you straining daddy's leg again." You reminded her, sternly but still lovingly.

Kuchel pouted in your lap, then hastily stood.

"But...If I can't climb daddy, why he so tall?"

Her question left you speechless. Oh, the odd question from a child who could only string together simple sentences.

"You can climb daddy when he's sat down. Otherwise, you'll tip over his cane and strain his knee. You don't want daddy to hurt, do you?"

Immediately Kuchel's face sobered in expression, her eyes wide and plump lips parted.

"No! Not hurt daddy," she scoffed, so much like the way her father did.

I guess more than physical traits are genetic, you thought with a sigh. Struggling over your very much pregnant belly, you managed to stand yourself back up. Watching your energetic three year old bounce excitedly across the room, and glancing down at your swollen abdomen, you really couldn't find any room to complain.