Headcannon no. 8

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Fatherly Love
════════════════════════════

•  It hadn't taken anyone in the Corps long to see the resemblance between their newest scout and the young girl who accompanied him.

•  Not only from the girl's strikingly similar features to the one she followed like a shadow, but from her mannerisms as well.

• Quiet, reserved, dangerous...But there were things about you that set you apart from the raven.

• You were bolder than he was, in social settings. While he kept a stone cold facade, you were often found with a sarcastic smirk and using wildly animated gestures as you spoke.

• Though it was obvious there was a relation between you and the thug Levi, no one knew what it might have been.

• Relatives, of sorts. That much was obvious.

• But it wasn't until Hange had blatantly asked one day that Levi reluctantly gave in to their insatiable curiosity.

•  "She my kid, alright? Lay off, shitty-glasses."

Of course they didn't, in fact, lay off.

• With this knowledge now floating around HQ, you were now regarded as someone of great interest.

•  The two of you kept your past to yourselves. Levi and your mother had had you young and raised you in the Underground. All anyone knew for certain, was you'd been brought along with your father and his friends to the surface when he was forced into the Survey Corps.

• For awhile, you merely stayed in HQ near your father, learning all you could about the world outside.

• Often times Levi would pause in his never ending duties as Captain, once promoted, to come check in on you.

• He only trusted a select few to watch over you in his absence.

• Once you were old enough, and Levi finally managed to ease up on his strict parenting a little, you'd been made a scout.

• Of course your father would keep you near him at all times. You were the only thing he could ever possibly imagine caring about.

• He'd taken you under his wing to work in his squad as his second in command.

• Any complain about favoritism was quickly snuffed out by a glare from Levi and a snarky threat from you.

• Levi was so proud of your ability to snap back harsh comments to anyone who questioned you.

• You were his daughter, after all.

• He'd watch on with a smirk barely hidden behind his teacup as you, his fourteen year old daughter, cussed a man three times your size out for suggesting you sit out a more challenging round of training.

• Much to Erwin's exasperation, Levi almost encouraged your brash behavior.

Let's be honest here; he absolutely encouraged it.

•  "Levi...While I understand she is your daughter, perhaps you should instill a bit of respect in her. Life above ground isn't the same as the life you two led below the surface."

• But Levi would scarcely get a word in edgewise before you'd suddenly appear at his side; grey eyes to match his glaring up at the tall man.

•  "Fuck off, eyebrows. Don't talk to my dad like that."

Please the way Levi would spare a grin on occasions like this and proudly ruffle your hair.

• By the time you were a young adult, your stunning grey eyes paired with ebony hair framing your face really made you stand out to your fellow young adult comrades.

• Expect to be hit on. A lot.

•  "For a thug, you sure are easy on the eyes."

• Cue overly protective father behavior to start showing from Levi.

•  "Fuck off zit face. Don't speak to my daughter again if you value your shitty teeth."

• Let's be honest; Levi would scare off any potential suitor simply because he didn't approve of their appearances.

• Overall, you'd be regarded as highly respected and highly feared not only for the identity of your father, but for the many attributes you'd inherited from him.

• You could break a man's arm in the blink of and eye then turn around with an innocent smile adorning your porcelain face.

• You were terrifyingly beautiful and skillful, and everyone knew it.

• And my god was Levi the proudest man in the Corps for it.