Headcannon no. 7

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Post-War Love
════════════════════════════

• When Levi first opened the letter from Paradis, sent by Armin inviting himself, Falco, Gabi, and Onyankopon to a reunion of sorts, he froze.

• He'd been kept so busy the past three years in Marley. So busy, he hadn't wrote to his comrades about the personal happenings taking place in his life.

• Not that he was one to indulge in personal topics, anyways, but still.

• Now with his beautiful Ghana woman on his arm and bearing his child growing in her ever expanding belly, Levi realized just how little he'd let anyone aside from her into his new life.

• Just how would they react, seeing this new chapter in their ex-Captain's life, he thought?

• He knew no ill will would come from them. It never had. But chancing to open up to someone other than her, about the one good thing to happen to him after the war?

• He was nervous. More so than he'd liked to have admitted.

• So he took a day to consider his response to the invitation. He counciled with his soon to be wife about how he should handle this.

• But her over eager grin and constant reassurance that she'd love to meet the people he'd spent years living and fighting alongside, his decision was an easy one to make.

• He sent a letter back to his young companions, thanking them for the invite and reassuring them all of their attendance to the gathering.

• And at the end of the letter, with shaking a shaky hand gripping his pen, he wrote of someone he wanted-

• No, needed-

• -Them to meet. Someone special to him.

• Imagine the shock and surprise written on their faces when three days later they watch as Levi guides a very beautiful and very pregnant woman by the arm off the ship am onto their docs.

• The grin on her face was so wide and so bright it nearly filled her whole face as she greeted each and every one of Levi's old friends in turn.

• They'd accepted her into the gathering easily, as thought she had been there since day one.

• Please the amount of teasing and jokes
Connie and Jean would throw an embarrassed Levi's way at the sight of his woman's obvious baby bump-

• He's be so proud but so flustered at the same time and just a MESS of emotions.

• He'd watch on in contentment as Annie and
Mikasa sat at a table with his girl, how tenderly they spoke to her about her pregnancy and what to expect as a first time mother, virtuous of Mikasa's past experiences.

• Annie was quick to offer any tips and tricks she'd seen from Mikasa and others around her to help the woman out, making her grin and laughs alongside their banter.

• By the end of the visit, Levi's left feeling full.
Full of hope, of joy, of acceptance.

• He realized then; he really did have a family after all. The one he was growing with his Ghana princess in Marley, and the one he'd left in Paradis all those years ago.

• They'd always be available for him to come back to, and watching them all now, he knew
the-traveling-poet
his new family could forevermore do the very same.