Drabble ~ Hair Cut

Yet another Levi drabble cause I'm mentally crying and dying-
I wrote this based off of this Tumblr post, so credit to them for the idea~
════════════════════════════

Imagine that, like Armin, you decided you need a change. A physical one. And since there wasn't many ways for you to do so, you decided to start with your hair.

You hadn't had a haircut since before Wall Maria was reclaimed, four years ago. Over the years, your hair had grown out to nearly reach your hips. So you decided to start there.

Sat at a rusty vanity that had been provided at the new camp, you lifted a pair of old scissors to your head and tried to figure out how you were going to do this. You couldn't see the back of your head with only one mirror and no assistance. And you'd be damned if you asked for help.

How do I make it even in the back? What if I slip and cut too much off? What if I'm making a mistake...

You shook your head and decided to just get it over with. With shaking hands, you began.

Some time later, the muffled sounds of sniffling and silent cursing reached the ears of Captain Levi, who paused in his rounds. Insomnia and paranoia kept him wide awake, even after all this time. So here we was, patrolling the borders of camp.

Walking in the direction of the nearly silent noise, he came face to face with your tent. Pushing back the flap slowly, he was met with the sight of you sitting at the vanity. Your back was turned to him, and small clumps of hair littered the floor at your stool's feet.

Noting a pair of discarded scissors near where you rested your head on the desk, he sighed to himself.

"Oi, brat. What's with the water works?"

Your head shot up immediately, a staggered breath leaving your parted lips. Tear tracks ran down your cheeks, your nose and lips a bright red from your constantly wiping them of tears.

"I-I was trying...I needed..."

"Here, let me."

His tone was much softer now, a look of understanding in his eyes as he slowly approaches you and stands at your back. Reaching over, he grabbed the scissors from the desk and studied your work thus far. It was uneven, and choppy. Some of the ends had been frayed from uneven cuts, making him grimace.

Sensing your hesitance, he met your eye through the mirror.

"Don't squirm so much. I cant help you fix this if you don't sit still. I cut my own hair. And Armin's, recently. I won't shave you bald. Promise."

I just need Levi in my life to help take care of me pls

~Lynn