Headcanon ~ 5

Social Media
════════════════════════════

Modern!Levi very scarcely uses social media platforms. He prefers to stick to text.

And even then, he only texts when necessary.

If it weren't for his job and his small group of friends, he might have even forgotten to take his phone with him when leaving the house.

One night when hanging out with Erwin and Hange at the former's house, a drunken Hange had managed to convince an equally drunken Levi to lend them his phone.

Expect the look of confusion on Levi's face the next day when he checks his phone and sees a plethora of new apps downloaded on his phone.

After much pestering from Hange, Levi finally made a FabeBook and Instagram account.

"No no no...You need SnapChat! Twitter! Tiktok!"

"Those all sound juvenile."

His profiles are disappointingly blank. Just his name. No pfp, no bio, no posts, and no liked posts on his timelines.

He somehow gets 300 followers???

He only follows his closest friends, so under 10 people.

Hange steals his phone sometimes to use his account to like their most recent posts.

Levi pretends to not notice.

Eventually, he warms up to the idea of being able to check in on his friends via their posts, and gets encouraged to add a pfp of his own.

It may or may not be a slightly blurry selfie of his bored face.

He's constantly tagged in posts by Hange, Erwin, Eren, Isabel, Petra, and Oulo whenever he's in the background of their selfies and other photos.

He only ever commented on a post once, and it was to say "wtf is this" to one of Hange's many posts.

I headcannon that he both is a dry texter and texts like a dad.

"You coming to the party tonight?" -Jean

• "👍"

You free to come help me out this evening?" -Eren

"Sure thing sport."

Also frequently leaves texts on "seen" and "delivered."

Sasha and Connie convinced him to download SnapChat in order to send him all the filtered pictures they'd taken of him at his place of work.

Levi secretly saved them.

Has ever only used text-to-speech once. He hated it.

"Send Eyebrows a damn message. I'll be there by 5pm. Okay, send. What- Why didn't it send? I'm driving I can't- Oi, get the fuck out of the left lane if you're gonna go 5 under the speed limit! Shitty drivers...Oi, Siri? Siri, quit texting my fucking words and sand the damn message."

He needs help but he's trying.