Drabble ~ Clingy

Brain rot over the idea of clingy!Levi constantly needing the reassurance of your affections in your relationship like-
════════════════════════════

He won't show it in public spaces like the mess hall or the training grounds where others can see him so desperate and needy for your attention and affection.

Others being able to see the way his brows draw upwards slightly and his lower lip pouts a little as he silently begs to hold your hand by reaching out for yours when you didn't reach out for his first?

Others being able to hear him soften his voice and call you "darling" when he wants your full attention for something?

He cannot have that. He cannot allow anyone to see just how vulnerable he is when it comes to you.

But behind closed doors?

"Sweetheart..." Levi suddenly sighed, his tone sounding tired.

Peaking over your shoulder from where you stood looking out the window at the back of his office, you shot him a quick smile. "Yes, Lee?"

He didn't respond, causing you to fully turn to face him and raise a brow. He stood near the door, having just come back from a meeting with Erwin. His eyes were trained on the ground, a slight furrow in his brow as he softly scuffed his heel on the wooden floor. Heaving a soft sigh of defeat, he looked up towards you to meet your gaze from under his lashes, his expression changing to one of need.

Slowly he raised his arms, giving you a sheepish barely-there smile. Really it was just a slightly visible quirk of the corner of his lips, but you knew what it was.

"Hug?" he nearly whispered in question.

You'd waste no time in closing the distance between the two of you and wrap your arms around his shoulders, guiding his head to rest on your shoulder and his arms to loop around your waist. With a breath of relief, he immediately held on tight.

"Bad meeting?" you asked softly as you wove your fingers through his hair.

"No," came his muffled response.

"Bad day?"

"No..."

"Then what is it?"

"...Missed you, s'all."

"Awe, baby~" you chuckled softly and placed a kiss on his brow through his inky bangs. "You were just with me twelve minuets ago."

"I know, it was too long for me, too." he muttered, agreeing through his misunderstanding and squeezing you tighter.

"That's not what I m- yknow what, it was too long. I missed you too." You grinned into his hair, holding him back just as tightly.