Drabble ~ Shifting Scars

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Putting aside the whole "9 titan shifters" theme, tiny little levi getting worried over 15meter tall titan shifter!Reader just warms my heart-
════════════════════════════

It had all been going so well, for a time. Why did she have to go and fuck it all up?

It all started with one of Hange's 'brilliant' ideas to test Eren and Y/N's shifting abilities. Something Levi had regretted agreeing to the moment the words left the crazed woman's lips.

After a couple attempts, both were fully shifted and conscious enough to take orders. But everything quickly changed when Eren lost his concentration.

Sighing, Levi ran a hand down his face and glared down at his boots. The one time he had been convinced to try something new with the brats, it had gone to shit. The very brief moment of calm they'd all started off with was long gone now as both titans charged at one another once again.

Dodging yet another heavy footfall, Levi cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted up towards the two brawling brats.

"Oi, brats! Knock it off. Compose your selves and concentrate!"

Though, he was hardly heard over Eren's sudden scream as he was flipped over Y/N's shoulder, a roar of rage piercing the air as she moved.

Groaning in exasperation, Levi ignored Hange's cries of joy and activated his gear to attach to Y/N's shoulder. Once Levi got his footing, he grabbed onto a long strand of the titan girl's hair. He wasn't as worried about Y/N freaking out and losing control on him so much as he was worried her overexerting herself in this training exercise. He'd known the girl for years, much longer than he had Jeager. Using this excuse whenever necessary allowed him to always keep a closer eye on her.

Y/N's large eyes peered over at him curiously, no longer raging about the forrest clearing. Instead she held still now, watching Levi as intently as he watched her.

"Oi, Y/N. Can you hear me through that thick skull of yours?" He shouted.

Y/N's eyes narrowed down at him, a large puff of air exhaling through her nose and blowing his hair back forcefully.

"I'll take that as a yes," Levi muttered under his breath as he wiped his face with his sleeve subconsciously. "Well since you're listening now, knock it off brat. This is training, not a titan play date. You're an adult, anyways. Act like it."

Y/N's titan stiffened, glaring down at the even smaller man in her hand defiantly. And for a fleeting moment, Levi genuinely feared for his very life.

"Leviiii!" Hange called up, hands fisted on her hips. "Be nice to your girlfriend!"

"Wh-She's not-" Levi's shout was interrupted as Y/N brought up her hand and plucked Levi off her shoulder, letting him drop onto his ass in the palm of her hand. Looking up, he saw she was glaring down at him.

"What." He deadpanned, trying to stand back up in her palm. Y/N grunted and lifted her other hand to pinch at the odmg gas tanks resting at the raven's sides, efficiently crushing them but leaving Levi unharmed.

"Oi! What the hell brat?" He yelled up at her face, only a foot away from her nose.

Y/N grinned, a sight he never wished to see again stretch across her face while in titan form.

Sauntering forward with booming steps, Y/N carried her Captain towards a tall pine. The tallest in the clearing, in fact. Sensing what she was about to do, Levi merely scoffed.

"Don't be childish, Y/N. Put me down!" He demanded, holding his arms over his chest. Y/N made a sound akin to laughter as she set Levi down on the highest branch, then stood back to admire her work. Amidst the laughter coming from down below and Y/N's rumbling laughter, Levi's face grew hot as he pouted, stuck high up in the tree.

Dear god, why did he always worry over this stubbornly childish brat?