Silent Confession

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
For as long as you could remember, Levi was at your side. From the moment your mothers met in the Underground and introduced their children to one another, up until you had both escaped that hell hole to become Captain and Lieutenant within the Survey Corps.

Over time, your bond had grown stronger with the more dangers you had thus far faced together.

Now, with a short break to prepare for the upcoming expedition to reclaim Wall Maria, you were able to spend some one on one time with your favorite shorty.
════════════════════════════
SFW, fluff, friends-to-lovers, Lieutenant!Reader
════════════════════════════

The cheers of many drunken men and women echoed off the halls as they celebrated the Scout's most recent victory.

Yes, many had fallen and suffered injuries worse than death itself, but this was the farthest humanity had come to a victory in...well...ever. So of course, a celebration was in order.

The cadets from the 104th trainee corps all stood around their table, cheering and drinking and congratulating one another on their various deeds, finally at ease enough to relax and be themselves.

You smiled to yourself as you lifted your own mug to your lips, swallowing the burning bitter taste of whisky as it flowed down your throat. You felt good, for once. It had been longer than you'd liked to have admit since you allowed yourself an evening to let loose and enjoy your time in the present.

Downing your second drink, you quickly went to refill your mug before wandering around the mess hall; merely observing your comrades enjoy their rewarded night off.

Along the way, you caught many familiar voices in the crowd, which made you smile to yourself in relief.

Good, they made it back alive.

Seeing all these happy faces around you reminded you of a time that seemed oh so long ago. Back in the days you still had a bright glow of hope shining in your eyes. While you had more hope now than you'd had in years, you still couldn't help but worry.

For the citizens of Paradis. For your companions. For your friends, and yourself. Would you live to see this war ended? Or would you join your late friends and meet their same fate?

Shaking your head, you sighed.

Tonight is about celebration. Letting go, and relaxing...that's what I should be doing, too.

The longer you stood there lost in your own thoughts, the rowdier and louder it had become in the hall. Looking around, you found the main source of the sudden bombardment of cheers and shouts.

Between two tables stood Eren and Jean, fists gripping each other's shirts as they sluggishly threw punches. You were tempted to intervene, but when you saw the calm look on Mikasa's face near to where Eren stood, you let your posture relax again. The girl was usually so uptight about his safety, so seeing her relaxed reassured the two would be fine.

A presence to your left caught your eye, and you turned towards the man who now stood beside you.

"Evening, Levi," you greeted softly.

He replied with a click of his tongue, his narrowed gaze never leaving the cadets to meet yours.

"I suppose they should be broken up. Again," he scoffed, folding his arms.

"Perhaps...Just don't go too hard on them." You chuckled behind your drink. Finally Levi shot you a look from the corner of his eye, observing the way you brought the mug to your lips.