Drabble ~ Freezing

We hit 300 followers on Tumblr! Thanks y'all 🫶🏼🤎 In celebration, here's another Soft!Levi drabble cause OOC Levi can be a fresh breath of air :)

An image popped into my head the other night about Levi being so (secretly) smitten with you that he'd do literally anything for you and to help you, including keeping you warm on winter-time expeditions, and I just lost it I hAd to write.
════════════════════════════

"Whose bright idea was this anyways? Venturing past the walls while the weather is in the negatives."

"It was Commander Erwin's, sir."

"Well then he isn't too bright, now is he."

Eld shrugged his shoulders once his Captain turned his back, shooting a look over to Gunther with a silent plea for something to say for the man to feel less bitter.

Gunther only pursed his lips and shook his head, unable and unsure how to help the poor man console their grumpy Captain.

He'd never been one to complain about the weather, that much they knew for certain. He never made a comment if it were too hot or too cold outside. Rather, he'd just dress accordingly and scoff at Hange for whining and cursing at the sky.

But today...Today was different.

Sure, the weather was a bit nippy. The wind had yet to cease its constant flow across the fields, and occasionally a speck or two of snow would float down from the heavens. It wasn't the worst weather they had traveled through, by far.

But Levi was irritable. And when he was irritable, his squad had learned to tiptoe around him for fear of a quick lashing from his tongue.

While Oulo echoed their Captain's complaints to a very unimpressed Petra some feet away, Eld and Gunther wondered amongst themselves as to why this could be.

They were only scouting the perimeter for titan activity, so that they could relay this information back to the Commander for the upcoming expedition that was soon to be held. So what could have set the raven off about this mundane, ordinary task?

The answer flew before their eyes and landed on the ground with a soft crunch as the frost clinging to blades of grass were squashed under foot.

The squad's fifth Cadet, Y/N, was quick to sheath the handles of their gear back into their holsters and wrap their arms around their shoulders. Exhaling a breath that fogged the air, they shuddered.

"N-nothing on the east side," they reported quietly to Captain.

Levi was quick to turn to them, assessing the shivering state they were in. The furrow in his brow and the downward tilt of his lips didn't go unnoticed by the second command and his friend, who snickered to one another in realization.

Y/N was freezing out here. Of course their socially awkward Captain would be pissed about having his lovely Cadet uncomfortable.

Though their snickers soon died in their throats when, instead of responding to Y/N's report, he shook off his Survey Corps jacket and cape and draped them over their shoulders.

"We'll be heading back to Headquarters in no time. Till then...Just...S-stay by me, alright? Cant have you catching a cold."

His muttered statement and pink tinted cheeks were enough to halt even Oulo in his rambling, who turned to Petra in confusion.

"It's not that cold-" he muttered in confusion, to which Petra quickly shushed him as she watched on in glee.

"T-thanks," Y/N whispered, taking a step closer to Levi and huddling into their additional clothing.

"Don't mention it. I-I run hot anyways."